Chapter 1

Watashi No Ai

Synopsis

Kids tend to be pure and innocent. They don't know anything about life nor about their future. Some says, kids don't lie.

When did it happen? When was the two girls felt that they were different from everyone around them apart from being a kid?

Did it happen on one fine day where the wet snow started and  the kids were playing around, making snowballs and snowman?

How did it start? Is it when the cheerful Shin Ryujin, approached the timid girl on the balcony of their home?

CHAPTER 1

Ryujin ran not too far from her home together with her brother, enjoying the wet snow that just started. Her brother is busy playing with the other guys with them and she's pretty enjoying making snowballs—too eager to make a big one.

The street was filled with the childrens laugh. Ryujin's minding her own business and doesn't want to meddle with anyone else—when one moment, she tripped. Her face fell down the snowy road and no one even noticed. The kid just simply stood up and rubbed her hand with mittens that was covered with snow, the same as her thick jacket. She adjusted her earmuffs and someone caught her peripheral vision that's why she turned around, only to see a kid just by her age, standing in the balcony while looking at her. Ryujin was intrigued as why the little girl stays indoor while almost all of the kids are enjoying.

"HI!!!" she loudly shouted, paired with her waving tiny hands.

The little girl stepped back on their door and hid her body a little bit, looking so shy. With that, Ryujin became more intrigued and left the snowball that she was trying to make. She quickly went inside the open wooden gate, running towards that girl's direction.

"Hi there!" Ryujin cheerfully shouted. The girl timidly stepped forward while tightly gripping on her bear stuff toy.

"Why won't you play outside?" the six year old kid asked, stepping on the three staircases.

"It's cold..." finally, the girl has spoken up.

"Hah! I know what's missing on you!" Ryujin, bringing her bright idea, she took off the earmuffs she's wearing and put it on the girl in front of her.

What does a kid like her think about that situation? What did she feel—what did she feel upon seeing that girl? What genuine feelings she has?

"Yeji—"

Yeji, the girl who will complete it all.

Yeji's mom was a bit surprised when she saw Ryujin. She always thought that her second daughter won't catch a friend for being so timid. She never catches any kid, approaching her daughter.

"Is that your playmate, Yeddeong-ah?" her mom happily asked.

"Yejiddeong? Yejiddeong! I am Yejiddeong's playmate!" Ryujin stated, still thinking about the name she heard just a moment ago. It made Yeji's mom laugh.

How adorable and pure, isn't she? Aren't they?

"N-No...my name is Yeji and nickname is Yeddeong..." Yeji said with her eyes looking on the floor.

"I'm Ryujin! Let's play outside!" she excitedly said before grabbing Yeji's hand.

What did she clearly think the moment she saw her?