Special Chapter

Too bad, I wasn't able to catch up with winter season. I put the white roses on Yeji's gravestone before lying on the grass.

"Happy 37th birthday to me, Yejiddeong...I just got out of prison this morning. I looked for this sweater and wore it right away tho it smells like it has been kept for long...then I quickly went here." I said while looking up the gloomy sky, "today is April 26 but still what a good birthday for me, right? Because it would be a month before yours..."

"I served 15 years in prison. I tried pretending to be mentally ill, not because I wanted to run away from what I've done because I think I was really mentally ill tho?" a laugh escaped from my mouth. "I don't know what happened that day I told my mom that I wanna keep seeing you. So we ran with an idea like that and...she was my supplier of hallucinogens. Every day I spent in that room, I would take hallucinogens that has an effect for 12 hours. It felt like I can still see you, hear you, and touch you...I made fake scenarios in my head..so insane...but what can I do? I thought I'd die if I lose you. I couldn't accept the fact the you weren't here in this world anymore.." I closed my eyes when raindrops started hitting my bare face.

Just like the song...

Are you jealous of the rain for it could touch my skin? Closer than your hands had been...

But I ain't happy and will never be happy without you.

"When I was in prison, I was given a chance to ask for things that could make my life in prison better, as long as it's allowed. I asked for a pen and notebook, they gave it to me, that's when I started writing our love story. Everything... every lies that I created in my imagination. At first, I thought, people shouldn't know who's the devil but soon— I made up my mind and wrote who the villain was..." I got up because the raindrops is starting to get heavier. I looked down, looking at those white roses while being soak of rainwater. "Hm one thing, I met a Japanese tattoo artist there who was imprisoned for killing someone too. I think he enjoyed his life in prison too since there's a lot of prisoners who got their tattoos done because of him, and I'm one of those..." I put my right hand on the ground, "my love, Yeji...my love is written on japanese because it'd look more cool. It looks cool, right?"

"By the way, the title of my book isn't Watashi No Ai at all. I'm sorry...it's My Girl, Hwang Yeji. I'll publish it soon once I'm used to living this new life that was given to me. It was completed but I'm planning to give it a special chapter. I wonder if my readers would understand it all? It can make their confused...but I hope they can bear to read it all..."

Suddenly, the raindrops stopped hitting me. I looked and saw that I was hoodied with a transparent umbrella.

The tears I've been holding for long started flowing from my eyes, "I'm sorry...my username wasn't Tuk. It would be hy.sr— Hwang Yeji and Shin Ryujin, they'll remain superior. I told you I can't love anyone anymore and I mean it. My heart will always be committed to yours..." I stood up and took a glimpse at her gravestone once again. "People will remember you. People will remember us. The timid but my lovely miracle, Yejiddeong...and the arrogant but soft ass person towards Hatt, Ryuddaeng. I hope they won't think I'm coward because I was done thinking of that. Just maybe...maybe we enjoyed too much as a kids? Did we? Have we? Or maybe...I'm not meant to touch and hear you for the rest of my life but was meant to keep on loving you until my last breath too?"

"I'm sorry, Ryujin...thank you for doing the thing that we hadn't done for her." aunt Seulgi said.

"In another life— maybe we can give them a happy ending, Yeji? If this rain stop, let's give it a try, okay? You're gonna give it a try, okay?"

What do you think so, my miracle?

Aunt Seulgi and I both turned our backs on her gravestone together with the stopping rain. I look back with a smile.

So darling? Maybe, I can end this story now, my girl, Hwang Yeji?

—🍃
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP, MY UPCOMING STORIES GOT YOUR BACK!

THANKS FOR READING THIS STORY! THANK YOU FOR THE VOTES AND READS🥺♥️