Chapter 16

Watashi No Ai

CHAPTER 30

I stood up in front of Yeji's house after knocking on their door. I playfully kick the mat that's in front of the doorway while waiting.

"Oh, Ryujin, why are you here?" aunt Seulgi asked who opened the door.

I put my hands behind my back with my head down. "I want to talk with Yejiddeong..." I said and bit my lower lip while lightly kicking my right foot on the air.

"Oh...I'll call her for you and see if she's done changing since she just gotten back from school." she said so I nodded and patiently waited here in their doorway.

I wasn't able to catch up with her earlier because I was given a punishment for vandalizing my table. I wanna talk to her because there's something bothering my mind.

"Close the door if you're gonna go out, okay? I'm doing something in the kitchen." I heard Seulgi talking before I finally sees her going downstairs. I intently look at the next person behind her who's wearing a sweater and an above the knee comfortable cotton pants. "Ryujin, don't bring Yeji somewhere too far, okay? Her Dad might be back later." aunt Seulgi said so I nods in return.

Before taking her last step on the staircase, Yeji looks at me while holding to the rail of their stairs. There was something in her eyes that I couldn't read. But I swear, her eyes is telling something...as if she's hesitating...or she wanna turn around and run away again.

"Let's go at the park...and play on the playground..." I mumbled while playing with my fingers, trying to ease the nervousness that I'm feeling. It's kinda awkward having this feeling because I've never been shy towards her.

I was a timid kid growing up...it's just hidden behind my attitude. But to Yeji— I never felt shy until this day came.

"We shouldn't be there for long. I still got an assignments to do." Yeji stated as she walks closer to me.

My eyes widened and gestures her to stop, "w-we don't have to go there if you got a lot of things to do. I'm not a bad influence and I don't wanna be..." I turned my back at her to walk away. But then, something hits my shoulder and before I could even look back, I saw Yeji walking ahead of me.

"Let's go, I wanna breathe some fresh air." she stated. Froze from where I'm standing, I quickly moved my feet when I took back my senses.

"Yeddeong-ah...hold my hand." I demanded after catching up with her.

"Why?" she asked without even taking a glimpse of me.

"You said I'm your Prince Charming— did you mean it?" we both stopped when I asked that. I look at her intently as I wait for her answer. "Coz if I were to ask who's my Ken, I'll say I don't need one because Hwang Yeji is my Barbie." I stated. People around might say that I'm just a kid...but why am I feeling this? Why did I figure out that a Barbie like me wants another Barbie. That a Cinderella like me doesn't want a Prince Charming— but another princess?

"Mom told me I'll found my Prince Charming soon. But I figured out that my Prince Charming wasn't a he, but a she, and she was here all along." Yeji's hand collided with my lying hand on the mid air, just like those of a fairytale where the Prince would ask for the Princess's hand.

I don't know if anyone who's in love felt this before but the moment our hands touched, it sends something to my veins as if it was electrifying my whole body.

"Are we dating now?" I curiously asked.

"You're 13 and I'm 14, let's date when we're both 15— if you still like me by that time." Yeji said so I holds her hand tighter.