two.

Sadie Myers.

I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't.

As soon as the clock hit 10, I jumped into the shower, which was cold because I liked it that way. Especially since I didn't sleep. It woke me up.

I got ready and by the time I had everything I needed, it was 10:48 am and the train was leaving soon.

I smiled big as I turned and looked at my mother.

I loved her, but I hated her.

I walked over to her one last time, kissed her cheek, and sighed, "Get better while I'm gone. It's all that I ask" And when I stood back up, I apparated away.

Asking her to get better was an everyday thing. She never listened, but I still tried.

The station was packed like usual. Little first years running around; sad, happy, scared. And even a few of their siblings were there too but they were mad because it wasn't their time to come to Hogwarts.

I made my way through the crowd of people and gave the man at the train my trunk. I smiled and walked onto the train.

Normally I was the first one of the group to get here. They all travel by floo and most of the time, that gets backed up because so many use it.

As I found a compartment towards the back, I sat down and put on a mask. A mask to hide behind.

The other side of me was now going to show. I would build up the walls of my real life and block them out.

No one knew of anything. All they thought was that I was a Pureblood Slytherin who didn't like to talk about family or riches.

I twirled my wand in between my fingers to pass the time, casting little charms here and there, keeping occupied.

After, what felt like hours, the door to the compartment opened.

"Still as bad as last year" His voice danced around the small space, making me lookup.

I looked up at Theodore Nott. "What a charming man you are. No wonder all the woman want you"

"I have my tricks" His hand ran through his hair, messing up the gel that held it in place. He always styled his hair for his parents, but as soon as we got onto the train, it was a mess.

Theodore Nott was known as the lady's man. Last year he gained that role when Draco 'retired' and tied himself down to Astoria.

It was true though. With his looks... his brown curly hair, dashing blue eyes, fit body type... he was perfect. All of the girls at Hogwarts loved him. He could have anyone he wanted...

"Lost in my looks?" He was suddenly a breath away from my face and my chest rose and fell at a rapid pace.

"Lost in thought. Now, drop your ego" I snapped with a smile.

He stood and backed up, sitting across from me. Within the next ten seconds; Pansy, Blaise, Draco, and Astoria walked in.

"Seventh year!" Pansy sing-songed "Who's excited?"

"Pans, It's 11 am. Can you please be quiet?" Blaise moaned, obviously just waking up.

Astoria pushed Pansy down next to me as the boys sat across from us.

"Summers. Let's go around in a circle. Go." Astoria said, pointing her finger at Draco.

He began, talking about all the jobs his parents made him look at, the constant galas and family parties he had to go to. The usual Pureblood rich family things.

Blaise's summer was basically the same. Galas, family, talking about work. The same as every summer before.

"Theo?" Pansy asked.

"What they said." He said plainly, not wanting to engage in conversation.

Pansy and Astoria then went on with their summers. The same.

"How about you Sadie? You have to have done something fun." Everyone then looked at me.

I gulped and made sure that I had my thoughts on straight.

"The same as usual. America with dad" I lied.

Every year, I say the same thing. It's close to the truth but also nowhere near it.

My father was in America but I would never visit. As mentioned before, letters from him but only during the school year.

I haven't seen him in the flesh since I was nine. No one knew that though.

All my friends, including all of Hogwarts, think that I have a family just like everyone else. A mother, father, riches.

Lies.

Every year, I lie and say that I go to America with him. No one suspects anything.

I turn my head and look out the window as the train starts to rumble under my feet and makes its way across the countryside to the castle.

My friends are talking and laughing as I imagine what the rest of the year will look like.

Will I finally come clean about my real life? Will I be dragged onto drama that I don't want to be in? Will I pass my OWLS and NEWTS and become a Ministry worker or a Healer? What do I even want to be or do after school?

Questions upon more questions, all racing through my mind at an unmanageable pace.

I look across from me at Theo. A tingle running through me as his eyes lock with mine.

His eyes were like the shallow part of the ocean. Dark but light-colored.

With one motion, he turned his head and looked at the landscape as the train passed by.

My eyes traveled to his hands where he wrapped one hand around his wrist and rubbed it.

I looked back outside, ready to settle into my dorm and put on the Slytherin reputation.

After all, everything isn't what it seems.