four.

Sadie Myers.

I was looking at myself in the mirror, a towel wrapped around me. My fingers traced my shoulder where Theo had dug his fingers into my skin. There were small bruises from how hard he was squeezing. Just a new thing I learned about Theo... he has anger issues.

"Are you almost done? I need to shower" Astoria said from the other side of the door.

I jumped out of my thoughts and opened the door, walking out and into my room. Astoria mumbled a thanks and then shut the door and turned on the shower.

I went through my drawers and grabbed out some undergarments and my uniform. When I was dressed I grabbed a ring that Ross had got me about two years ago.

It was fake gold and the band was little hearts. (picture above) Ross had gotten me it for Christmas. I was thankful for it because it one of the nicest things I owned, even if it was fake. But I didn't care.

I placed it on my thumb and then rummaged through my bag, making sure that I had everything I needed for the day.

I sat down on my bed and waited for Astoria to be done.

The group all had their own rooms. Except for me and Astoria. She said that she wanted a roommate to help keep her in order because she wasn't the best at organization and I was a clean freak. Plus, I didn't have the money for my own dorm whereas the rest did.

I wonder what life would have been like if my father stuck around. What it would be like if my mother didn't fall down her hole.

I remember the day that she did too.

It was after my father sent the letter saying that he was done and wasn't returning home. My mother had cried and cried and then later in the night, she ran off to a bar.

She came back wasted with no money left and different types of drugs. That was when I started to take care of her.

I remember the way she cried and the way that her heart broke. The darkness that she fell into all because of heartbreak.

It's something that I never want to experience.

"Earth to Sadie" Astoria waved her hand in front of my face and I shook my head looking at her "Are you coming?"

"Oh. Yeah," I stood up and grabbed my bag, following her out to the common room.

We met with the group and Astoria pecked Draco on the lips and Pansy grabbed ahold of Blaise's hand. Theo wasn't anywhere. I was going to ask, but Pansy did that for me.

"Where's Theo?" She spoke.

"Don't know. He might be at breakfast already" Blaise responded.

We all headed to breakfast, ready to continue with the rest of the day. When we got to the great hall, Theo wasn't there. The boys said that he might be in his room or out for a walk. The thing that really got my attention was that we all had the same classes, even Theo, but he didn't show up to any. 

I mentioned to the group about Theo still missing around lunch and they all said that he was probably getting high or that he was still in his room but he was okay. 

I didn't believe it. 

Other than worrying about Theo, the day was okay. Classes were boring and long, the curriculum the same but just a bit more advanced. I had gathered notes for Theo so that he wouldn't be behind because like I've said before, I'm that person that cares no matter what. 

When we had gotten back to the common room, Theo was sitting on the couch reading a book. Everyone ran and sat down in the seating area, talking about how boring the day had been. 

After a few minutes, I had grabbed the notes from my bag and handed them to Theo. He gave me a quizzical look and I just rolled my eyes. 

"Take them" I shook the papers "They're notes for class. I took them for you" 

He grabbed them, furrowing his brows "Thanks" 

I smiled and then stood up, walking to my dorm. 

"Myers," He said, but a little closer than what it should have been. I turned around and saw that he was only a few feet away "Don't do this again. I can do my own notes" 

He turned and then walked up to his own dorm, not even looking at the group. 

"We told you he was fine," Draco said from the seating area. 

"Yeah, sorry for caring" I rolled my eyes and then went to my room. 

What was so bad about caring for someone? Wondering if they were okay? Why was I the only one that cared? Why did I even care in the first place?

As I got unready for the day I started to realize that his absence was the same as last year. I was just finally paying attention. Why was I just now paying attention? 

It was stupid. He was the North and I was the South. He was cold and I was hot. Complete opposites. 

"He's just moody. He always is after spending a holiday with his parents. He'll come around" Astoria said, walking into the room and grabbing some clothes "I'm staying with Draco tonight. The room is yours" She winked and then walked out. 

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. 

Out of everyone, Astoria and I had a better friendship. Don't get me wrong, we were all close, but I got along better with Astoria and I trusted her more too. Maybe it was because we've shared a dorm since our first year and just grew a great connection. 

I sat at the window seat, looking above the water that hit the middle of the window, and watched the top of the lake sparkle in the moonlight. 

I rested my head on the wall and listened to the water crash onto the glass. I fell asleep listening to that with thoughts of Theo on my mind. His touch and the sudden shock that ran through me, the reason as to why I was worried about him... there was this new forming connection and I couldn't understand why it was just now starting.