thirty.

A/N: NEW CHARACTER 

Morris Chestnut as Marcel Myers

***

Sadie Myers.

"So what's it like in America?" I asked Korrie as we made our way to the great hall.

She looked at me, her eyebrows furrowed, "You've never been? I thought you would've since-"

We turned the corner as my eyes caught hers before she looked away "Why would I go to America?" I asked.

She shook her head "Uh, no reason." She pulled the strap of her bag up over her shoulder a little more, "Anyways, I hate it."

I looked away, my mind flowing with thoughts.

Her last name is Myers. So is her mother's. She could be my half-sister, but that wouldn't work because she's just a year younger than me. Unless my father cheated, but how could he?

I shook my head, leaving the thoughts and noting to go back to them later.

"Why do you hate it?" I asked, wondering why someone could hate a place that I've heard is beautiful.

"It just sucks. I live in New York. Yeah, America is pretty and all, but it's so stuffy due to all of the pollution. And don't even get me started on the health care for Muggles. It's god awful." She cringed as she shook her head.

The doors to the great hall came into view. It was open and you could see the tables along with all of the students and staff.

"So, Sadie..." She looked at me and I looked at her "Weird question but-" I looked up as I heard a few voices.

What I saw killed me.

He was walking out of the great hall, Sheri by his side. I stopped and looked at the man I haven't seen in eight years.

Korrie then noticed I stopped and turned and looked at me. That's when his eyes locked onto mine.

My father.

He was still walking, smiling, and laughing until he registered exactly who he was looking at. Slowly, he got closer and then stopped.

I was so glad that everyone was at breakfast and in the great hall. Sure, it was twenty to thirty feet away, but no one other than Korrie and Sheri had to see this interaction.

"Well shit," Korrie muttered.

"Long time no see," I spoke, crossing my arms over my chest.

My father didn't say anything and just stood there. There was no expression on his face as he looked at me. Maybe there was a little worry and some surprise, but why would he be surprised to see me? He knew that I went to school here. Did he think he wouldn't see me?