forty-one.

Sadie Myers.

The door flew open and I sat up, wrapping the blanket around me tightly, trying to clear the fog from my head since I just woke up not even a second ago. Theo jumped slightly also and opened his eyes. We both looked at the door, hoping to see one of the others but it wasn't what we wanted.

"Tell your friends to leave. Now." Mr. Nott spoke sternly, his face twisted in anger.

"You weren't supposed to come home until after Christmas break," Theo said surprised.

"Doesn't mean I allowed your friends here." He looked at me, "And her."

There was a scowl on his face as he looked at me. My stomach turned and I grew hot, knowing that his father didn't like me.

"Now, Theodore!" His voice boomed and he turned, slamming the door shut.

Theo sighed and rubbed his hands down his face.

"I guess I'll pack my things while you tell the others," I said sadly and stood up, walking into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower stepped in, letting the water run down my body. I heard the door shut again and knew that Theo had left to tell the others.

I knew he wasn't in a good mood. He was never in a good mood when he mentioned his father, especially when he's around him. And I knew that he was in a bad mood because we all had to go home.

A few minutes later, after washing myself and my hair, etc, I stepped out and wrapped myself in a towel, going back into the room.

"You can stay." He said, sitting on his bed. "My father asked for you too. He wants to have dinner and meet you."

I tensed. Not only was I going to tell Theo the truth about me today, but I'd have to lie to his father or lie to Theo more. I didn't know what to do.

"Maybe it's best if I just go too." I grabbed some clothes, getting dressed. "Your father is already mad."

"He shouldn't be though. That's the thing. He said I could bring a few people over. Just like past years." He stood up grabbing a towel and walking into the bathroom, "I'm going to shower. Just... stay."

The bathroom door shut and I sighed.

Now Theo was in a really bad mood. Normally he'd kiss my forehead or ask me to join. Since I just showered, I was expecting a kiss. Not him to just walk away.

I still packed my bags though, making sure that I had everything ready for when I do leave in a few days.

A knock came from the door and I opened it. Korrie stood there, her head down.

"Theo said that you're staying here?" She asked, looking up. I nodded. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

I furrowed my brows and stepped outside the room, waiting for her to start.

"Dad was supposed to tell you when we got back together but since I'm going back early, I want to prepare you." She said, leaning against the wall. "He's leaving again. The Ministry in America needs him. My mum and I are staying though."

I felt betrayed all over again. Korrie was the one telling me and not him. I mean, she did say he was going to tell me. But last time he didn't.

"Thanks," I said plainly. "I'll talk to him when I get back."

I tried to open the door but she grabbed my hand "Hey, don't be mad. At least he's telling you this time."

I looked at her, taking in her words. "Yeah. You're right."