six.

Sadie Myers.

The week came and gone, nothing interesting happening. The classes were boring and the people were annoying. I couldn't complain though. It was better to be here at school than home. 

My father still hadn't written to me yet and so I'm expecting his letter around Halloween. It varies. Sometimes it will be early in the school year, or it'll be later. I don't care, but I do. 

The corridors are chilly today. The dark storm clouds cover the sun, giving off no light or heat. I haven't been back to the window seat since that one night with Theo. He said it was his spot, so I'm not going to take it from him. 

Astoria didn't ask what happened. She wanted to, I could tell, but she kept to herself knowing that I wouldn't spill what I felt. She noticed I was buzzed. When I had walked into the room, she looked right into my eyes and noticed. 

Everyone has been split up. They've been working on their classes or they've been together. That's how it is now. That's how it was last year too. Now that everyone is together and in relationships with one another, I feel alone. 

As I walked around today after classes, I ended up at the window seat. I didn't think of going there. I didn't make myself walk there. I didn't want to go there... or did I?

Theo sat with a joint in his mouth, one foot on the floor and the other across the rest of the seat.

Slowly, I turned and tried to walk away unnoticed. Something was happening inside of me, inside of my head and heart, every time that I had talked to him. Every time we were alone. 

"What do you want?" he asked and as I turned my head around to look at him, he was still looking out across the sky. 

"I don't know. I just kind of walked here" I replied honestly, something compelling me to stay. 

"Stalking me, are you?" Theo's head turned slightly and he had a smirk on his face. "Join me" He held out the joint, moving his leg and motioning for me to sit. 

I sighed and shoved my hands into the pockets of my hoodie, not taking the joint but just sitting. 

The breeze was cold as the sky was becoming darker as the sun was setting and the clouds were showing a storm was coming. 

Silence. It was there again. And so were his eyes. Throughout the week, he has been looking at me. I'm sure that he notices it because every time that I turn my head and try to lock his gaze, he looks away. 

"You're a mystery," I said, continuing to look out at the sky. "You're quiet, you only talk to the boys and you seem so lonely"

"I like to be alone." He handed me the joint and this time I took it, inhaling and feeling his eyes on me. 

"Why?" I furrowed my brows and taking a peek at him. 

Theo was leaning against the wall, his chest rising and falling as he sat there, looking at me, his eyes never straying from mine. 

Theodore Nott was a mystery and I wanted to solve it. 

"When you're alone, things aren't complicated." He motioned for the joint and I handed it to him. His lips wrapped around the tip and he took the smoke into his lungs, closing his eyes and feeling the high consume him as it was doing the same to me. "Alone is so much better. You only have to worry about yourself and you don't have to fear that you're letting people down." 

He handed the joint back to me and his eyes glanced to my lips and then back up to my eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but he closed it again, his eyes looking at my lips once again.

A chill ran through me as I took another hit, feeling my mind become foggier with the more hits I took. The joint was done so I tossed it over the edge and watched as lightning hit the sky, following that was a loud bang of thunder and then the rain came. 

The smell of rain filled our senses as the rain came pouring, some drops hitting us. 

"Myers" His voice rang through my head "Are you okay?" 

I looked at him, my mind wondering what it would be like to be a raindrop. Used over and over again for the same thing. If you think about it, my life now was a raindrop. The condensation, then precipitation, then the collection. After that, it goes into evaporation and it repeats, the water of the raindrops being used again.

"Do you ever wonder how the raindrops feel?" I asked, sticking my hand outside of the window and letting the water fall onto it. "How they feel to be used over and over again? It's like me sort of. A caretaker of my friends and family. I'm the one being used" 

"Yeah," He stood up, chuckling "You're high out of your mind. Such a lightweight." He took my hand that wasn't outside of the window and helped tug me up. 

I lost my balance and tripped, falling into his chest. His hands found my waist as he helped steady me. I looked up and at his face, his eyes locking with mine. My hands rested on his chest and I could feel his heartbeat speed up as mine did the same. 

He was so close. Our bodies were touching and if I just stood on my tiptoes, our lips could connect and I could really find out if they were as soft as they looked. I could bring my hands up and run it through his hair...

No. I'm high and this feeling isn't real. 

"Can you take me to my dorm, please?" I looked at his chest, not wanting to look into his eyes anymore. 

"Yeah," he whispered, letting me go and walking next to me. 

My mind wasn't just fucked. My thoughts weren't because I was high. The other day when things I never knew I blocked away came up... Yeah. That feeling was one of them. I think. 

I just really hoped it wasn't.