forty-two.

Sadie Myers

I messed up during Christmas.

Walking out of his manor with no explanation... it wasn't right. I told him I'd never leave him, and I did.

Maybe he'd take me back. Maybe if I explained it all to him right now, he'd understand. Maybe, if I just told him how he'd look at me differently after he knew me, then he'd understand.

But I left him. I let that voice into my head and listened to it. I shouldn't have. Maybe I messed everything up by just leaving and not telling him that I just needed time.

I knew that I shouldn't have kept this all from him. Doing this and acting like this... I might've messed it up for the rest of our lives.

I raced down the halls as fast as I could to the great hall. 

I knew he was there, everyone had basically just gotten off of the train and they were eating. I had to get to him.

The corridors were empty as I ran through them and made my way to him. Thankfully, I had a straight shot there and didn't have to take detours because of crowds.

I turned one corner and ran into Astoria.

"Sadie!" She said shocked. "Why are you running?"

I took a deep breath "I need to find Theo. I fucked up everything."

"What do you mean?" She took my hand, seeing that it was shaking.

"I ran out on him. I left him." I said quickly. "His father knew exactly who I was and said everything at dinner. I didn't explain to Theo what it all meant. But I need to now."

Astoria nodded. "He's around the corner. I just saw him."

"Thank you!" I squeezed her hand and walked away.

But as soon as I was almost there, as soon as I was about to take my last turn to get to where Astoria said he was, I saw him. And not just him.

He stood in front of that Hufflepuff, Roxy, talking to her. He smiled and so did she. Roxy must've said something funny because right after, Theo laughed.

I still had hope. Maybe I could just walk up and say hi, ask her to leave, or ask him over to me.

But, then, all my hope was lost as I took one tiny step. My world had started to cave in. My heart had cracked and within a second, it shattered. Even worse than a few days ago when I walked out of his Manor.

The Hufflepuff stood on her tiptoes, her arms wrapped around Theos neck. His hands were on her hips and their lips were connected. No space between at all.

I threw myself out of their sight and against the wall, covering my mouth as tears formed and fell, cries threatening to leave my throat.

I did this to myself. I let him go and he found better. That's all on me. I did this.

But I didn't think he'd move on this fast. I really thought that just a few days to wrap my head around my thoughts would be fine. I guess not.

I shook my head and wiped my tears as I collected myself and came to terms with what was happening.

He was with her now.

I had to accept that he had found better; found someone that he needed. That person wasn't me.

I walked away, going to find my father.

***

I came to his door, bringing my hand up and knocking.