nine.

Sadie Myers.

All I wanted to do was dig a hole, ask someone to cover me up, and die right then and there. His words pierced through my skull as he said them and now it just kept on repeating. His voice kept saying his words over and over in my head, not caring how I felt about it at all.

"A drunken mistake."

That's exactly what it was. He was drunk and couldn't think correctly. Even though he had said all of those things; the things about him feeling the shock race through him too, as his hand rested on my cheek. He felt it. I felt it. The kiss couldn't have been a drunken mistake.

But it was.

It was Monday now. The weekend had passed and everything was normal, everyone the same. Including him. His eyes were back to locking with mine; no expression at all. I hated looking back at him because every time, my eyes glance down to his lips and replayed his drunken mistake.

Even though I didn't kiss back, his lips were soft and tasted of honey; smooth and sweet. I'm sure that he had tasted honey too, considering that my chapstick was that flavor. The smell of him still lingered in my senses. Lavender mint.

I shook my head, needing to get out of my thoughts. This was bad. Very bad. I was forming a crush on this dude and I didn't need that. I needed to focus on school and graduate. I didn't have time to mess around.

The sound around me in the great hall came back clearer than it was a few seconds ago. I was done with my breakfast and wanted to get to class. But I had to wait for Astoria and as I did so, I could feel his eyes on me.

"Anyways, I feel like we should have a lot more parties this year," Pansy spoke. "We should live like it's our last since it is. Sadie, I also want to get you drunk at least once."

I could hear Theo laugh deeply at that remark and I looked at Pansy, trying not to look at him because if I did then my eyes would look to his lips and I couldn't have him notice that.

"No. I will not get drunk because you guys are always the ones to do that." I shook my head, picking up my water and taking a sip.

"Come on, Myers." He said and I took a glance at him and it took all of my strength, but I didn't look at his lips "Live a little." He smirked.

That fucking smirk. Fuck. I looked to his lips and then quickly away.

"I'll be the sober one. Come one. Next time we have a party, I'll watch over you." Astoria smiled.

They were peer pressuring me and I knew it. I knew better than to fall into that trap. I had witnessed my mother get drunk and high off of so many things that I've told myself I'll never do that; too scared to become her.

"Maybe, but I can't promise anything." I shrugged, taking another sip of my water.

"Whatever you say, Myers." I heard Theo speak but it was low and the others most likely didn't hear it.

He knew what he was doing and so did I. I did accept the challenge after all. But I knew for a fact that I wasn't going to swoon over him as the other girls did. That's just not who I am.

Theo would have to try harder.

***

I walked down the halls, my books close to my chest as I made my way to the library to study. Trelawney had canceled her class today because she needed to go to Hogsmeade to get more supplies. So, I was going to spend my time in a place where I knew I needed to be.

I walked in and sat down at a table not too far from the entrance. Madam Pince looked at me with a look of disgust but that was her way of welcoming you into the place she stayed all day. I never understood why she was so grumpy, but no one ever cared to ask. And I wasn't a brave Gryffindor so I sure as hell wasn't going to be the one to ask.