thirty-one.

Theo Nott.

I sat at dinner, my plate pushed away from me, hand holding my chin, and legging bouncing up and down.

I wasn't able to see Sadie today, wasn't able to visit her. All of the professors had wanted me to stay after class to speak with them about my attendance. And with that, it left me with no time to see her. And it didn't help that on Thursdays, I didn't have a study hour.

"Have you guys seen Astoria?" Draco said, sitting down across from me.

I shook my head no and Pansy had spoken up "She might be showing that new girl around. Apparently, Sadie and Astoria now have a new roomie." She took a bite of her food. "I saw a small glimpse of her earlier and Merlin she's gorgeous."

Draco nodded, starting to eat his food. I stood up, not in the mood for food or to talk. I just wanted to see how Sadie was doing. She was hiding the way she felt earlier and instead of staying and worrying about her, I just left.

"I'm going to see Myers. Talk to you later." And I quickly walked away, heading to the common room.

It wasn't like Sadie to miss classes. It also wasn't like her to be secluded and alone. She's the type of person that puts her all into one thing. And at the moment, that thing was school. And a little bit of me, but school is important to her. And I respect that. But I was worried.

Turning a corner quickly, I ran into something, someone, tall and broad. I backed away a little and rubbed my chest, "Sorry." I spoke lowly, looking up. This was a man I had never seen before, someone I'd never met. "Sorry, but are you that new teacher?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

He chuckled and shook his head "No, it's my wife but I'm staying here for a little bit. I have a few things I need to focus on that are here. Marcel Myers." He stuck out his hand and I could feel all my blood rush to my ears, my heart starting to beat at a high speed on my chest.

"Theodore Nott, sir." I shook his hand, my grip firm.

"Nice shake son." He pulled away, "Well it was nice meeting you. I'll see you around." He nodded his head and walked away.

Surely that was Sadie's father, right? But some names are more common than others... maybe they just had the same last name.

I shook my head, taking a deep breath as I continued to her dorm. I'd ask her about it later. I just had to make sure she was okay.

I walked into the common room, my eyes landing on Astoria and what I presume to be the new girl.

"Astoria, have you seen Sadie?" I asked, walking over to them on the couches. She shook her head. "Do you know where she could be?"

"Sorry Theo, I don't. I haven't seen her since this morning." She replied.

"Um, well..." The new girl spoke lowly, "We didn't have the best introduction and said that if anyone asked for her, to leave her alone." 

"Do you know where she could've gone? Did she say anything to where she was going?" I stood there, looking at the girl.

She shook her head and looked down, her hands clasped on her lap, "Sorry, but no." 

I shook my head, turning and walking out. 

The only place that I know where Sadie could be, the place that I know no one would find her, was our spot. So, I made my way out of the common room and to the window. 

Taking many stairs and many corridors, I made it. Just a few feet away from me was now Sadie. I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest and looking at her. She was looking out of the window, her head resting against the wall and arms wrapped around her knees. Slowly, I approached. 

I sat across from her, not saying anything and looking away, following her gaze to the outside. 

I heard her sniffle and quickly looked over at her. Sadie bought her hand up and under her eye, wiping a tear. I moved closer to her, putting my hand on top of hers. "What's wrong?" I asked, her looking at me, eyes full of tears. "You can talk to me you know." 

She nodded and sniffled again, moving her legs down and giving me room to come closer. " I know." her voice cracked, "I just don't want to scare you away." 

I shook my head, locking our fingers together and rubbing my thumb against the back of her hand. "You could never scare me away." She nodded and looked away, debating something. I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and rested my hand on her neck. "Just as you said, I'm not leaving." 

Sadie brought her eyes to mine, locking them together. Behind all of the color and love, there was a battle going on within her. I didn't know what it was, but I knew that she was struggling and wasn't opening up about something. 

"I know you're hiding something..." I said, rubbing my thumb against her skin. Her eyes widened slightly "But I understand that you're not ready to tell me yet. So I'll wait. After all, I'm not going anywhere." I smiled and then wiped a tear that had fallen onto her cheek. 

"I'm sorry." She rasped out, "I just- I don't know how to tell you." 

She looked scared like if she was to open up and tell me what she was hiding, I'd walk away and never feel anything for her again. 

"Come with me." I took her hand and stood up, her narrowing her eyes. "Just to my dorm. I want to give you something." 

She stood, following me down the stairs and through the corridors, passing people as we went through the common room. 

I opened my door and she walked in, looking around like it was the first time she had seen the place. I smiled and walked over to my desk, raising my arms and grabbing the box, setting it on the table, and taking the top off. Sadie's arms wrapped around my torso as she watched what I was doing. 

I grabbed the letter out of the box, unfolding it and scanning it over it. "My mother wrote this for me before she passed." I handed it to Sadie, her reading over it. I grabbed the necklace and smiled as I held it. "I never thought of who I'd give this to." 

"Theo-" She looked at me, putting the letter down "I'm not the girl-" 

"Ah, ah, ah." I smiled and turned, leaning against the desk. "You are." 

"Theo-" 

"As I said, I'd never given this any thought; any thought to the person I'd give this to. But you..." I looked at the jewelry in my hand, "I've never felt more alive with someone. I've never felt less alone." I looked up, looking into Sadies eyes, "You're someone different; someone special. And I don't think-" I shook my head, "No... I know that I'll never find someone like you again." 

She smiled, eyes teary as she stepped closer. I unclasped the necklace and she turned around. I brought the chain that held the butterfly pendant up and around her neck. Sadie lifted her hair and I clasped the necklace around her neck, dropping it as it clicked. 

She turned and wrapped her arms around my neck. I rested my forehead on hers as my arms went around her waist. "There are so many other girls out there that are better than me." 

"But you, Sadie Myers, are the girl of my dreams and no one is better for me other than you." I smiled as she did. 

I brought my hand up and under her chin, lifting it softly and kissing her as lightly as possible. 

Smoothly, I spoke against her lips "Is it bad that I'm falling for you?" I closed my eyes, her breathing slightly heavier as I asked the question. 

She shook her head "Not at all."