twenty-three.

Theo Nott.

The week passed by quickly. Sadie ignored me, not talking to me in class and ignoring my glances in the halls and at meals.

It was driving me mad... the fact that she was there for me and I pushed her away killed me.

I stood in front of my mirror— I had fixed it with a quick spell the other day — and looked at myself, wondering why I'm the way I am.

Sadie wanted to help; wanted to listen to me... but my anger got the best of me.

You did this to yourself.

Yeah. I know.

She was trying to open up to you too.

I know. And now it's too late.

It's never too late.

A knock came from my door and I stepped out of my bathroom, taking deep breaths and hoping that it was Sadie.

Deep down I knew that it wasn't, but I still hoped.

I opened the door and Draco and Blaise stood there, a bottle of fire whiskey in Draco's hand.

"A few shots before the party?" He asked

I nodded and let them in. They sat on the couch and popped the top off of the bottle. I sat on my bed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Mate, is something up?" Blaise asked, taking the bottle from Draco.

They knew very little. They didn't know much... not of me and Sadie but about me. Like I was to her, a mystery, I was to them too.

"Myers and I got into an argument." Blaise passed me the bottle and I took a swig of it.

The liquid slid down my throat, burning slightly but quickly fading as I took another sip. The pain wasn't as brutal as the thoughts of me never getting Sadie back raced through my mind.

"What even were you guys?" Draco chuckled, me handing the bottle to him.

I shrugged "Don't know really. All I knew was that I only wanted her."

"You mean want. You still want her." Blaise said, bringing the bottle to his lips. "Why not just apologize?"

"She won't talk to me."

"You're on her bad side then?" Draco raised a brow.

I nodded

"Shit, I was on her bad side for a little in the third year. I stole her test and put my name on it" Draco shook his head "She was pissed."

"Draco, this is different." Blaise rolled his eyes.

I was on her bad side. Or at least that's what I thought. I didn't want to be, and I'd do everything I could to change it.

The music sounded from in the common room letting us know that the party was starting.

"Well," The boys stood up, walking over to the door and I followed "I guess you could try and fix things tonight."

Yeah. I could try.

***

I sat there, a drink in my hand and twirling my cup around, watching the liquid move. The bass boomed throughout the room, the smell of weed and alcohol sitting in the air. The common room was also a little more full, some students from other houses partying also.