epilogue pt 2.

Narrators Pov.

*WARNING - DRUG, ADDICTION, AND ALCOHOL TRIGGERS

***

Sadie Myers.

She stood there, looking in the mirror. Merlin, she was beautiful. But she couldn't help but stare at the little girl looking back at her. The little girl with dark under eyes, sunken cheeks, pale lips... She knew that this was what she wasn't going to do.

She was nine. Nine years old when she first watched her mother laying there, a needle sticking out of her arm, foam or puke pouring out of her turning blue lips. She didn't know which one it looked more like.

"Mumma!" She yelled. Tears were seeping out of her tear ducts. "Can you hear me?"

Nothing. Her mother didn't respond. She grabbed the phone next to some type of bowl with a crystal-like rock.

"119, where's the address of your emergency?"

"The bookstore, Wanna be dreams."

"What is your emergency?"

"My mum has a needle in her arm and foam or puke sliding down her cheek from her mouth. Is she going to be okay?"

The next thing she knew, she was in a home. She was with people she didn't know, kids who made fun of her because of her broken-skinned lips and small ears, followed by the clothes that were too big for her.

But they were her mothers, and she had nothing anymore.

Sadie Myers knew then that she would never touch anything relating to intoxication.

Her mother then lost her book shop: debt, or something. Sadie didn't know.

For weeks, she was on the street, under bridges, and in telephone booths... She was homeless.

She had earned a few dollars from a boy walking past her. About her age as well. With tamed hair, blue eyes, and freckles... he would be a lady's man later in life. What worried said was if her mother knew she had the money, she wouldn't get anything from it.

She walked into a coffee shop to treat herself because she didn't put herself in this mess. She deserved something.

"Raspberry frappe, please."

A man smiled, "Coming right up."

Sadie grabbed the money and started counting. One Euro. Probably not enough.

"On the house!" The man's smile was wide, "First-time customer is always free."

She didn't believe it. But she didn't argue.

She smiled as she sat down at a table, a picture of roses hanging next to it.

As her mind flooded through all of these memories, she didn't know that the man she was inevitably in love with, was that little boy. She could see it now.

She was at Hogwarts now. Her grandmother had gotten her and her mother a flat after a while. She still always went to the little coffee shop, always getting a free raspberry frappe.

Every summer, it was the same thing...

"Sadie go get me a bottle of Firewhiskey please." Her mother would ask her two times a day.

She would steal it from the shop down the road. There was a hidden Wizarding shop down the way. Her mother said if she disobeyed, she'd get hit or locked in her room.

That's when she would go to the coffee shop.

She started helping out a little bit. She would clean, organize, anything to help. And she'd earn a little bit of money for it. That would go into her savings in a jar that she hid in an old abandoned telephone booth.

Soon again, her mother lost her flat. On the road, they were again, barely anything on their backs.

There were so many times where Sadie should've left, so many times where she would've just been better of by herself... but she couldn't leave her mother. She couldn't turn into her father.

Who knows what would've happened if she left her mother.

Sadie eventually was able to get a place. It was cheap and dirty and smelled like something was rotting. But at least it was something.

Everyone at school didn't know who the honest Sadie was. And she was okay with that. She would be okay as long as she knew who she wanted to be.

But looking back now... it was the worst thing that she could've chosen. So many things had gone wrong and so many lies had been told.

But at least she was here now, standing in a white dress, a veil, and a little girl in the next room with her aunt with her future husband standing at the end of the aisle outside. Her future husband was the boy who gave her that One Euro, so many years ago. Sadie never thought that she would be here.

After all this time, all of these failures, and all of these times sitting on the street and wondering where she would be... She was here now.

A healer, a mother, and a soon-to-be wife.

She took one more look in the mirror and saw the little girl that she used to be. Her younger self was looking back at her and thanking her with a smile on her face.

She had done it.

Her daughter stood next to her now, holding her hand as they stood at the doors to walk down the aisle.

Sadie turned and looked at the little one, "You, my darling," She bent down, eye to eye with her daughter, "You will never have to think of where your next meal is coming from. You will always have a roof over your head. You'll never have to worry about paying mine and your father's bills. You don't have to worry about anything at all, love."

Sadie Myers wasn't her mother. She would never be her mother.

And she wasn't.

She was herself, and 'No One Else.'