twenty-four.

*TW: ABUSE*

***

Sadie Myers.

People passed by, knocking into me and mumbling short sorry's. It was just like any other day, but today felt lonely. Same as the last few days.

Cedric walked next to me, telling me about the one muggle boy. I wasn't listening though. I was in my own thoughts. And when I saw him at the end of the hall, there was no way my mind would stray from the thought of him.

Theo hasn't been showing up to classes, walking into the great hall and grabbing a plate, and then leaving. I never knew where he went but I figured he would go somewhere alone.

That's how he liked to be. Alone.

"Are you even listening?" Cedric nudged me, chuckling slightly and following my eyesight. "Ah, I see. Your minds on him isn't it?"

I nodded "Is it bad that I miss him? Sure, it's only been like four, maybe five, days since I ended everything... but I miss him."

Theo's eyes found mine, as usual, and he frowned and pushed himself off the wall and walking away.

"It's not bad at all." Cedric threw his arm over my shoulders "But you did what was right."

"Was it right though?" I pulled away and leaned against the wall, Cedric following me "I'm telling myself that it was, trying to make myself believe it. But everything else is saying that I shouldn't have."

"Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. But it's up to you. If you want to go back to him you can." He shrugged.

I looked at him "I'm scared I'll get hurt in the end. What if he leaves like my father did? What if we fall madly in love, like some dumbass movie, and he leaves?" I pulled my books closer to my chest and looked down. "I wouldn't be able to handle it."

"You've been handling what your father did for years. You've carried yourself this far and I'm sure you could go further if you had to. Look at me, Sadie..." Cedric spoke and I popped my head up "I don't know Theo but I'm sure that once he falls for you, he'll never leave."

I smiled softly at him, nodding my head.

"Now if you want to, go get him." He smiled, nodding his head to where Theo had gone.

I stood there, looking at where I last saw Theo and thought... I wanted him. And I wasn't going to let him slip past my fingers. But I was scared.

The bell then rang for the next class and I sighed "Maybe next time."

And I pushed off the wall and made my way to class, saying bye to Cedric.

***

Theo Nott.

I locked eyes with her and walked away. I couldn't see her with Cedric. She was supposed to be standing next to me but I messed up and let her go.

She didn't want me, and so I didn't push it. Sadie was her own person and I respected that.

I made my way down the corridors, trying to get to the window seat. I wanted to be alone... wanted to be in our spot... even if it wasn't ours anymore.

The bell rang, showing that classes had started. And as I turned a corner, I bumped into someone.

"Shit, sorry." I looked up, apologizing to the person and meeting eyes with my father.

"Theodore, language." He fixed his jacket, pulling down the sleeves slightly.

"Sorry." I stood up straight, looking to the floor.