𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

You sat in the dining hall, your bread in hand munching on it quietly

You sat in the dining hall, your bread in hand munching on it quietly. You looked out of the window to see the trees blow softly in the wind, the grass moving in steady waves.

There was something about it, their movement synchronised yet independent, their hues so close yet unique. While they danced in that way, the chirps of birds warmed the gentle rays. You let your mind wonder: when those changes will come, today was the day you all were moving to Trost to the Survey Corps headquarters. You closed your e/c and the corners of your lips curled. Everyone else was sleeping, leaving you alone. You could never sleep that well, always up before everyone else - but you didn't mind, you liked the peace and quiet; the quiet before the storm.

——————————

CHAPTER 2 - NEW HOME
Always and Forever ~

"Boo!"
You opened your eyes slowly and sternly turned around. "Aww you weren't scared?" You were met with Sasha's shining chestnut eyes. Shaking your head and chuckling slightly, you turned away from her and rested your face in your hand. You listening to the footsteps of everyone else pile into the room, the peace slowly drifting away.

You felt the bench you were sitting on drop down a little, looking up you saw Reiner sit down in front of you. "Morning!" He smiled, taking a big bite of his bread.

"Hi! Did you sleep well?" You asked quietly, you'd never been a people person. You liked others to do the talking for you. You noticed Reiner's hazel eyes light up a little, almost taken aback that you had engaged in a conversation with him.

Swallowing his bread, he replied: "Great! I'm really excited to move onto the next uh...stage? One step closer to my goal!" You smiled innocently and bit at your bread.

"You have a really pretty smile y/n, you should smile more!"

Coughing a little, you felt your cheeks slightly warm up. People rarely complimented you. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear, you laughed a little. "Thanks Reiner that means a lot." You beamed. You felt someone sling their arm around your shoulder as you looked at Reiner's blushing face.

"What cha' talking about you two?" Connie asked, squeezing your shoulder.

"Oh uh nothing." Reiner stuttered. "I'll see you guys later." He blurted out, standing up quickly. Before walking off, he turned to you and said: "I really did mean that y/n."

——————————

After everyone had finished breakfast, they met up outside tending to their horses. We were about to leave, everything was about to change. Already sitting on your horse, you looked at the wooden building you called home, you were about to leave it all behind. Your thoughts were interrupted by your ebony coloured horse neighing.