𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

"Do you need anything in town or are we going on a spontaneous trip?" You asked,  moving your hair out of your face

"Do you need anything in town or are we going on a spontaneous trip?" You asked, moving your hair out of your face. You were sitting on his horse, your arms wrapped around his waist; it wasn't his idea - in fact Levi was completely against it. Since your replacement horse was quite new, it needed to complete it's proper training, therefore it was out of action for your trip into town today, just Levi's luck. Running your hands through his thick black hair, you nuzzled your face into his neck.

————————————

CHAPTER 18- TEA BREAK
Always and Forever

The sun beamed down on the two of them as they arrived at the edge of the town. You could feel Levi tense up a little: Erwin was currently beefing the government. You could feel eyes hover over you two, watching your every move. Your green survey corps capes stood out like a sore thumb.

Swallowing, the busy sound of people filled the air. You gazed at this unfamiliar sight, you'd never been into town before. You watched in fascination at the different market stalls, kids running around, laughter and shouting. You liked how it made you feel, however it made you miss your parents. It made you miss being a little kid with no worries.

"You alright?" Levi asked, turning his head around a little. You tightened your grip around his waist. "I've never been into town before, I'm a bit nervous." You whispered in his ear. "Never?" He raised his eyebrows. Shaking your head, you rested your head on his shoulder and went back to watching the town.

————————

After leaving his horse in the local stables, Levi dusted himself off and walked towards you. "Where do you want to go first. Since you've never been here before, you pick a place first." Your eyes wondered around, darting from shop to shop, taking in all the foreign smells and sights.  "Umm, there!" You pointed. Levi looked over.

The girl had pointed to a small shop with red stained wood. It had a little white painted wooden sign above the run down door saying "Bits and bobs". On the windowsills sat yellow daises, flowing back and forth in the inconstant wind. Levi turned his nose up. "Looks dusty." You rolled your eyes and grabbed his hand. "C'mon, I just wanna see inside."

————————

Levi was correct, the inside was very dusty. However, it was beautiful. A small round table sat to the left of the entrance and on it lay a large silver box, cluttered with jewellery. Two big bookshelves full of books, old and new, stood tall and to attention. On the book shelves sat little pins. You walked up them to inspect them. They were cool to touch, and surprisingly heavy; they were mini pins of the military police, the survey corps and a rose.