𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

You had been at Trost for a few days now and you were slowly starting to get used to your new routine: up at five am, training until eight, breakfast and back to training

You had been at Trost for a few days now and you were slowly starting to get used to your new routine: up at five am, training until eight, breakfast and back to training. It was incredibly tiring, but it made you feel excited.

CHAPTER 3 - TESTING HIS PATIENCE
Always and Forever ~

——————————————

It was a little after noon and you were practising fighting. Paired with Christa, you tried your hardest not to go all out - because you we're definitely significantly more skilled than her - while you could see her trying her very hardest. You felt bad, so you let her hit you a few times. The air was sharp, the wind was strong and the clouds were gray. Eren was besides you fighting with Reiner.

Mud splattered up at you, covering your worn out boots as you bobbed side to side, dodging Christa's advances. Boredom consumed you, as much as you loved Christa, she wasn't the greatest opponent. You let your body rest a little as you continued to dodge her punches. "L/N." That voice. It was him.

Swivelling round, making some of the mud splutter a little, you looked down at the petite man that stood in front of you. "What makes you think you can go easy?" You gulped. He looked like he meant business. "I uh don't thin-" "Stuttering is not a worthy answer L/N." Levi grunted, raising his right eyebrow. He looked unimpressed. You did notice his eyes widen very slightly at the sound of your voice, did he recognise you?

You stood there sheepishly, you didn't want to admit that you were too good for Christa, your mind raced for an answer. "Do you think you're too good for her?" He asked, stepping foreword a little. Biting the inside of your mouth you shook your head violently. "Hmm, well it looks like it requite." He said flatly, staring harshly into your e/c eyes. You bit down harder on your lip. "Get to work or I'll make you fight me, and we all know how that would turn out."

He paused, his eyes trailing down your body - stopping at your shoes and trailed up again, and back to your eyes. You felt your cheeks heat up a little as you watched him stare at you. "You look like you'd lose. You look weak. I'd break you so easily." He whispered, spinning around on his heels and marched off to asses the other requites. Sighing heavily, you turned your attention back to Christa, who gave you an apologetic look.

——————————————

You sat outside for lunch with Eren, Mikasa and Armin. You four sat against the wall, you next to the door to the dining room. The noise of everyone inside made it hard to concentrate. Armin looked like he was about to pass out from the intensive training everyone did in the morning, Eren looked tired as well but was trying his best not to show it, while Mikasa looked absolutely fine.

You sipped at your soup and listened to Eren complain about titans for the millionth time this week. You noticed Armin slowly drift off to sleep, he rested on Mikasa's shoulder. "How was training Y/N?" Mikasa asked, cutting off Eren. Grunting, Eren slid her a dirty look and downed his soup.

"Ehh it could've gone better, I was partnered up with Christa  and I tried to take it easy on her because I didn't want to hurt her, and Captain Levi saw and thought I was slacking off." You moaned, placing your bowl down to your left and hugged your knees.

You sighed, not paying attention to Eren was was blabbering again. You shut your eyes tight, trying to drown out the noise of everyone. "Who's fucking soup is this?"

You looked up suddenly. There stood Levi, looking incredibly mad, his fingers were clenched as he looked down below at the bottom of his trousers and his shoes. They were covered in your soup. Your breathing picked up a little as you started to panic. The four of you stayed silent. "I'm not going to ask you brats again. Who's fucking soup is this?" Gulping, you stood up. "I'm so sorry Sir! I can clean it for you." "You again?" He spat. His glare was deadly, you felt like it was crushing you. "Come with me right now." He sounded enraged.

You followed him blindly as he took you to the training room. What were you doing there? Stopping abruptly, you didn't notice and bumped into him. That was the last straw.

———————

Growling, he clenched his teeth together and turned around. "Cadet are you fucking dim?" You could only manage to whisper a "No Sir." He crossed his arms. "Well you fucking look like it." You noticed him home in on your trembling lips for a split second and instantly looked up at your eyes. You stood there embarrassed, you bent your head a little.

"I was going to make you run laps around the entire building fourth times...but I have something better in mind." He said licking his bottom lip. You lifted your head up to look at him innocently. "Wh...what do you have in mind Sir?" "This." He smiled, his tongue gliding on his lips.

Before you could realise what was going on, you saw his fist move closer to your face. It was too late to dodge, it hit your nose perfectly. Stumbling backwards, you felt blood trickle down you lips. "I wanna see what you can really do. Fight back." He ordered as he lunged forward, kicking your side. Stumbling again, you decided that you didn't want to look like a complete fool, you wanted to impress him. You lunged forward, trusting your leg out and hit him.

Taken aback by you being able to strike him, he grabbed your leg and uppercut you. You bit your lip suddenly as you noticed that he had grabbed you thigh. His touch was icy, yet comforting at the same time. You retracted your leg and pushed your elbow into his side with all your might. Hitting him, you watched him take it without stumbling. This was the perfect time to attack, you thought and ran at him as quick as you possibly could.

————————

Getting ready to kick him again, you failed to notice him stretch his leg out. You tripped over his leg and went flying forward. Before you hit the ground, you felt Levi catch you and turn your body around to face him. Breathing heavily, his arm was stretched around your back to support you and his other grabbed your Survey Corps jacket. Nervously, you put your hand on his shoulder for support.

Your breathing matched each other's, your eyes staring intently at each other's. Pink dusted your cheeks as you let your eyes wonder around his face, taking in his every detail. "You're shit Cadet. Absolutely awful." Gulping, you let out a little chuckle. "You're amazing Sir. Please teach me how to fight." He paused.

Levi didn't except you to say that. Taken aback, his breathing got heavy. "Are you sure you'll be able to keep up, you look pretty slow." He smirked. "Don't underestimate me Captain. I'm a fast learner." You whispered, bringing your face a little closer to his.