𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Fluttering your eyes open, you were met with a familiar oak ceiling

Fluttering your eyes open, you were met with a familiar oak ceiling. Bringing your head down, you realised you were laying in a white bed with others around it. You groaned as your body stung. Lifting yourself up, you tried to get out of the bed. "Oi oi oi, careful there." You swung your head to the left, Levi was perched on a wooden chair next to your bed. He looked more tired than usual.

His cold hands placed themselves cautiously on your shoulders, helping you to sit back down again. Your eyes glistened as you watched his face light up, sunlight made its way through the small window above Levi, outlining his body with a golden glow. You smiled to yourself and wriggled around in the bed to get comfy. He moved his chair a little closer to your bed and rested his right hand on the corner of it.

————————

CHAPTER 11- RECOVERY
Always and Forever ~

"You've been out for quite a long time..." The expression he gave you made you want to burst into tears: it looked like he was saying 'I'm so sorry for leaving you'. You reached your hand over to his and clasped it. This took Levi by surprise, but he didn't move his hand away, in fact he wrapped his fingers around yours.

He could feel his eyes light up as you gave him a smile; it was unlike any other, it was full of passion and sweetness, you were an angel. "...we found out who the female titan was." He paused for a moment to look at your expression, he watched your smile slowly fade and your brows rise up. You gave him a little nod to signal him to go on. "It's Annie."

You bit your bottom lip. Annie huh? In truth you weren't really friends with her but you still had so much respect for her. You looked down at the bed sheets, that respect was slowly fading away. You couldn't understand why she would do that? You looked back at Levi and squeezed his hand tighter. "You're not hurt are you?" You asked him, batting your eyelashes.

He shook his head, "I took a few beatings, but not as much as you endured." He looked off to the left, you watched the golden glow around him fade slightly. Sighing, you two let go of each other's hands naturally. "L...Levi-" He quickly turned to you, raising an eyebrow. "On a first name basis are we?" You shuffled around in the bed, you were so confused about were you two stand, you two kissed, he just had to like you more than a friend. "Sorry." You mumbled. "What's our relation-"

The loud sound of fort steps and chatter filled the makeshift hospital. Levi quickly moved his chair further away from you and looked out of the window. You facial expression saddened, there clearly was your answer. "Oh Captain you're here again, is she awake yet?" You heard Connie's voice. "Connie!" You exclaimed, sitting up on the bed. They all rushed over to greet you with lots of hugs. Sasha to your left, Connie and Jean next to her, Reiner and Bertholdt at the end of your bed, Christa, Mikasa and Armin on the right side - all bunched up together next to Levi.

You let out a breathy chuckle, you were so glad everyone was okay. "Did you guys see the way Commander Erwin picked Y/N up?" Connie laughed. Levi, who wasn't interested in the conversation, turned to face Connie. What did he mean by that? Sasha giggled and clasped her hands around yours. "It was bridal style! Proper romantic!" Connie joked, making fake kissing noises. You felt yourself going a bright red from embarrassment. "No way did he actually?" You squeaked. Connie and Sasha nodded and the room erupted with laughter. Giggling, you looked over at Levi, he looked back monotonously.

"Did Captain Levi tell you..." Eren hesitated and you nodded. Looking over at Armin with big eyes full of sorrow you asked him how he was feeling. You all took this time to catch up and joke with your friends, you all were mindful that Levi was there, so everyone kept the jokes PG.

————————

It had been a few days since you had woken up from your coma and you were back doing light training. It was hard getting back into the swing of things, but you were tough. It was a normal sunny day, you were enjoying your lunch on a wooden bench outside with Jean, Reiner, Connie and Ymir. You rested your head lightly on Jean's shoulder as listened to the little white and grey spotted birds chirp away. You disconnected from the conversation to watch the dewy grass wave around and the tree branches dance a little due to wind. Letting out a sigh of relief, you could finally relax.

Jean twisted his head to look down at you, looking at your peaceful smile, you s/c skin glowing in the sun. "Um hello you two? We're trying to have a conversation over here, you can do all that lovey dovey shit later." Ymir gagged. You and Jean looked at each other and burst out laughing. "We're trying to play matchmaker." Connie joked, looking around at the scouts who were seated outside. His eyes stopped at the commanders table. "What about Moblit and Hange. He's always so protective of them, they'd make a good couple." You all nodded in agreement.

"What about Eren and Mikasa?" Ymir said sneakily. You all laughed and nodded, they would make a very cute couple. Bertholdt pointed to you and Jean. "What about you two?" Jean could feel Reiner's eyes glare at him from across the table. You started laughing and shook your head. "Nope." Jean said shaking his head violently. "What about Y/N and Captain Levi. He did stay with her at the hospital almost every hour of the day, I caught him talking to her once." Connie burst out laughing. Suddenly your smile faded and pink tinged your cheeks. "Look she's red, she totally like him." Ymir laughed, you shot her a dirty look.

"Talking? What did he say?" You asked innocently. "Well..." Connie rolled up his sleeves and tried to imitate Levi's deep and raspy voice. "...sometimes I wonder if saving Eren is even worth it. I always lose the people I care about due to that boy. I lost my entire squad, they were all so young, they were supposed to grow up and live their lives. But now look at them. They're all gone. And you, you're barely an adult, only eighteen. You could've lived a happy and wonderful life but look at the state you're in. What if you don't make it?" The funny atmosphere faded slightly. "And then he noticed me standing there." Connie proceeded to say.

Jean furrowed his eyebrows, "That's actually really sad." You stared down at the wooden table. Oh Levi, you wanted to hug him so badly, to stroke his hair and tell him everything is going to be alright. "Damn Connie you're such an asshole." Ymir stated glaring at him. "What? It was sweet I just had to listen in!"

You swiftly got up from the table and gripped onto your soup bowl. Stumbling a little, Jean grabbed onto your uniform jacket. "Do you need some help?" He asked. Shaking your head, you walked away rapidly. You wanted to get away from that conversation as fast as possible. While you were walking away you could hear Reiner shout "Look what you did!" at Connie.

————————

You dumped your soup bowl in a bucket and sat down inside at a vacant table, sighing heavily. You rubbed your face angrily, noticing out of the corner of your eye that Levi had walked in to dump his soup bowl away. You two swiftly made eye contact, he was about to look away when he noticed you move your fingers, becoming him to come near you. He watched you walk out of the dining room and down the corridor, turning left to the offices. He quickly dumped his bowl and followed you, he rolled his shoulders back in confusion. You looked vulnerable, had something happened? You looked like you needed to talk to him urgently.