𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

What was easily something that Reiner would never get used to after all these long and hard years, would be hearing Y/N's screams at night

What was easily something that Reiner would never get used to after all these long and hard years, would be hearing Y/N's screams at night. The utter pain and agony radiated with each scream, making it unbearable to hear. They were just like the chilling screams heard from someone in horror movie, just before they met their bitter end...

CHAPTER 28- THE FESTIVAL
Always and Forever ~

It had been more than four years since you had been brought to Marley, and each day was filled with suffering.

Reiner would never be able to forget that night around two years ago when you tried to escape, hidden amongst the terrible weather, you thought for sure you'd get away with it...

...though, that wasn't meant to be. Reiner was in a meeting when he heard those familiar screams and cries for help. Drawing back the curtain to see what was going on, he was greeted with several guards beating you mercilessly on the cold and wet pebble floor that was being stained with your blood.

He'd never forget being told to "forget it". It's what happened after that was plastered in his mind, he had nightmares about it for weeks. He was in so such pain over it, but imagine how much pain you were in.

———————

The next day they caught you trying to escape again, and this time they issued a much more painful punishment than a beating. Stuck in the same room, Reiner watched helplessly as they dragged you away, your arms flailing, your legs kicking, your eyes wet with tears and your mouth screaming.

All he could do was watch, all he ever did was just watch.

As he was working that same night with some other soldiers, he could faintly hear the excruciating sound of your cries, yet today they seemed to be more painful and louder than usual.

A stern hand squeezed his shoulder - but not in a reassuring way. "Is all that racket disturbing your work Mr Braus? I can have it silenced."

'It'? Was Y/N no longer human? Did these people really care that little for her?
Lightly brushing his hand off, Reiner shook his head. "No its okay thanks."

——————

He would lay in bed staring up at the ceiling. He hardly slept since he brought you to Marly, the agony was too much to let him rest at night.

The fact that on that night he couldn't hear any noise from you brought an immense uneasy sense upon him. They must've done something really bad this time.