𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

"If the titans ever went away, what would you like to do?" The girl asked, waving her legs back and fourth

"If the titans ever went away, what would you like to do?" The girl asked, waving her legs back and fourth. Levi looked at her, blinking a few times. Her eyelashes fluttered in the inconstant wind, her eyes sparkling in the moonlight. She was gorgeous. "I want to open up a tea shop...or y'know something like that." He mumbled, clicking his fingers. You turned your head and smiled softly at him. "That's a wonderful idea."

—————————————

CHAPTER 17- AT THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE

Always and Forever ~

The two of them sat on the roof of the survey corps headquarters, asking each other questions and watching the moonlight sky and the stars twinkle. Wands of rising branches became dancing silhouettes in the moonlight. The night was a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. It was a warm black that hugged you no matter what, and within it's safety you could feel your own soul all the more clearly, that innocent inborn spark.

"Who's the best at cleaning? C'mon it's got to be me!" You laughed, hugging your knees. Levi scoffed, shaking his hair out of his face. "Definitely Eren. You are down right awful." You turned your head to the side. "What? No! I'm great, you just don't pay attention when I'm doing a good job." "Yeah yeah keep telling yourself that." He smirked.

You lay down on your back and looked up at the stars. The clouds slowly drifted, everything was so peacefully. Oh how you longed to go stay in this moment forever. "Do you have a fear of anything?" He asked, stretching his legs out. You scratched your ear while thinking of a reply.

"I think...losing? I stay awake at night thinking about how I could lose my friends and you at any moment. Not only my friends,  but myself. I used to be such a happy, energetic and carefree girl...then I grew up, and was old enough to understand; old enough to understand how shitty the world is y'know?"

Levi was silent for a moment, taking in everything you had just said. "Sorry that came out of no where." You chuckled. He shook his head and turned his body to look at you. "No I completely understand." He paused for a moment, biting his lip. "I uh...I sometimes have these dreams. They're so vivid, so realistic. I can't save my friends. There's blood - lots of blood. I try...I really do try to save them, I really do, but I'm not fast enough. And just like that, they're gone." He trembled, slipping up on the last few words.

You sat up and looked at him. Reaching your hand over to his, you stroked it lightly. Smiling weakly, he sniffed and shook his head. Shuffling your body over to his, you slowly rested your head on his shoulder. You felt him tense up, he wasn't used to physical touch. "What are you doing?" He asked, moving his head awkwardly to look at you. You shrugged and moved your head to get into a comfortable position on his shoulder.

Stars shone as sugar spilt over the back marble. The night sky was such a welcoming sight, putting the two of them at ease. It appeared like magic at each sunset, promising a return as it faded at the dawn's first light. There were times in the daytime, under skies of blue, Levi would think of those faraway stars and how they'd return after the shadows blended into the dark.

"Get off me now." Levi demanded. Tutting, you moved your head up. Scratching your neck, the two of you sat in comfortable silence together, enjoying the stars twinkle and each others presence. "Do you uh..."He paused. "Hmm?" "Do you want to um go into town with me tomo- well today and get some uh tea because I'm running out." Your eyes widened. Did he just basically ask you out on a date? "Yes!" You squealed, waving you hands around excitedly. "If you're going to behave like that then I don't want to take you." He tutted.

----------------------

Yawning, you sat at your usual bench in the dinging hall. Trying your hardest to not fall asleep, you sat in between Bertholdt and Armin with Eren, Mikasa and Reiner on the opposite side. "Where were you yesterday Y/N? I checked your room and you weren't there?" Mikasa asked politely. "Hmm?" You said taking a bite of your bread.

"Ohhh." You chewed your bread. "I was uh, doing stable duty." You lied. "Ahh that makes sense, how long do you have left of your punishment?" Thinking, you bit the last of your bread. "Like two months?" Mikasa nodded, wiping her hands on her uniform.

"What are you guys doing on your day off?" Jean asked from the neighbouring table. "Hange wants me to do some experiments with them." Eren complained. "Probably training?" Mikasa shrugged. "I'll see if Commander Erwin needs help with anything." Armin smiled. "Y/N, are you free today? If you are maybe we could do something together...or...." Reiner asked, cutting in. "I actually am going into town today, Captain Levi needed someone to accompany him." You smiled innocently.

Jean and Eren sniggered at Reiner. "Bro you just got rejected for like the sixth time." Jean laughed. "Why does Captain need help, and more importantly from you?" Eren asked. Blushing slightly, you shrugged. "Is that where you were yesterday - with him?" You panicked a little, not sure on how to reply. "Ooo she's blushing! Do you like him or something?" Jean pointed out, causing Eren so burst out laughing and Reiner to become panicked. "Jean Kirstein if you don't shut up right now I'm going to shove my foot so far up your ass you'll never see the light of day again." You glared at him.

-------------------

You dusted off your uniform and pulled down your trousers a little while waiting for Levi at the entrance for the headquarters. It was interred with people, all walking around, the sound of them talking filled the atmosphere. The clouds were arranged as neatly as a child's toys, scattered over blue, content to drift where they fell. The morning sun had potential to bring day as hot as yesterday, but those wonderful puffs of white radiated back out into space. The air was cooler, the colours less vivid and all without a drop of rain.

You snapped your head around as you heard footsteps coming your way. Levi scratched his neck and looked up at you. "You ready to go?"