𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

"How's it going so far?" Zeke asked, lighting his cigarette

"How's it going so far?" Zeke asked, lighting his cigarette. "It's working - slowly but surely. It's not long before we can utilise her." A soldier reported.

The two of them were located in a small, dark
alleyway at dawn. The foul smell of smoke filled the air as Zeke let out a puff. He didn't want to hurt the girl, but you would be so valuable to win.

——————

CHAPTER 27 - PROVOKED
Always and Forever~

You didn't do much during the day, you would sit in an incredibly plain room by yourself with a tape playing on repeat.

You hadn't had any contact with others for weeks now, you were quickly going insane. You felt yourself forgetting details about your life, even at times struggling to forget who you were - but there was one thing that you would never ever forget...

...you were Marlyan.

Rocking back and forth, you gripped your head tightly making you knuckles go white. Your throat parched and you stomach ached for food.

The sound of the door creaking open cut the deathly silence like a blade, unrecognisable footsteps filled the room. You could sense the person was grossed out, like they were afraid of you, like you were some rabid animal that was so be feared.

Looking up slowly, your hands not moving, you studied the person's face. A soft white colour, with a pink tinge. Unkept scraggly blond curls framed his face. He had no distinguishable features, and looked like everyone else.

He clutched a plate of 'food' so tightly causing it to shake. "I-I...Here!" He stuttered, thrusting the food at you. Some spilled out of the container, all over your distressed clothes. You stared at him
blankly with no emotion.

"You spilled the food..." You said calmly, your voice croaky. "...this is very valuable to me since I don't get a lot. Please be careful next time." You smirked, scooping up the food on your Marlyan uniform and shovelling it into your mouth. "Who do you think you are to tell me what to do?" He raged.

———————

Grimacing, the guy shuddered. "You people are gross, you eat like pigs." Chewing the food, you wiped your mouth messily. "Wha?" Your voice was muffled due to the stuffed food in your mouth.

"You're disgusting, have some decency!" He spat watching you speedily shove the food in your mouth - never pausing to chew your food. Folding his arms, the guy rolled his eyes. "God you Eldians are so revolting - every single one of you."