𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

When the scouts training ended, Eren was absolutely obliterated

When the scouts training ended, Eren was absolutely obliterated. He felt like if he didn't get back to the headquarters soon, he'd pass out in a heap on the floor. Trudging back home, Armin dragged his heels in exhaustion, while Mikasa walked briskly. Little did they know what awaited them back at home...

CHAPTER 22- THE OMINOUS TRUTH
Always and Forever ~

The same laughter and chatter when walking to the training ground was no where to be seen when walking back the headquarters. The sky's usual sapphire colour had faded, and was replaced with a cold and menacing grey.

The scouts had never been so happy to see the headquarters as they limped through the opening in the forest. Erwin had worked them all really hard, everyone was knackered.

Bounding into the store cupboard, Sasha used this opportunity to sneak a sneak some food while everyone was distracted. Everyone else made their way into the dining room to relax.

——————————

Eren, Mikasa and Armin were the last people to come through the opening, panting like crazy. Thick and heavy rain started to pour down, striking the scouts as Mikasa held a few branches back making Eren and Armin's journey through the opening of the forest easier.

The abundant fog and heavy rain provided a sinister cover for Bertholdt, who stood ominously at the entrance of headquarters. He caused the three scouts to jump as they approached the entrance.

"Jeez Bertholdt! You scared me so much" Eren panted, leaning over and resting his hands on his knees. Mikasa squinted, there was something off about him but she couldn't pick out what.

Ringing his hands, Bertholdt breathed shakily, though the three couldn't pick up on his nerves as they were covered by the deafening sound of the dense rain.

"Eren...Reiner needs to talk to you about something. He's at the back with Y/N, I'll take you to them." He shouted. Wiping his brow, Eren nodded and placed his hand on Mikasa and Armin's backs, pushing them into shelter out of the rain. "I'll see you guys later." He panted and followed Bertholdt, disappearing into the fog.

————————

When Bertholdt and Eren met up with the other two, Eren squinted his eyes to see, blinded by the fog. He saw Reiner shielding you from the rain under a tree, wrapping his arms around you to keep you warm. He noticed your expression, slightly uncomfortable since Reiner was so close and you were shaking due to the cold. Planks of soaked wood sat lifeless on the ground.