Chapter 6

Isabella's POV

Isabella's POV

" Thank you so many guys for inviting me to hang out. I enjoyed this. See you in class tomorrow. " I said as I hugged them one by one.

" Bella, stop saying thanks. Friends don't say thanks to each other. And, yeah, we are coming to pick you up for school. " Brie said.

" But--'' I said but Felicity cut me off by saying, " Don't bother! We are coming and that's final. No space for argument. "

"Guys, I can't thank you enough for this," I said with a grin on my face.

" Jesus Bella, stop with the thank you shit! It really annoys me! No need to be formal with friends!''

" Friends, right," I muttered under my breath as I waved them bye. I entered the house only to meet with a curious mom with thousands of questions.

" Bella, how was it? Did you enjoy it? Spill the tea!''  mom said with excited eyes.

" Gee, mom! You are acting like a 16-year-old. "

"I know. Now, tell me.''

" Okay okay. I enjoyed. They are really great. I had fun. And they also told me that they would pick me up tomorrow for school."

" Hmm... that's great. I see my Bella is growing up. Today she doesn't need me to drop her at school. Then tomorrow she will be pregnant with my grandchildren. Oh my god! I am getting old. "

" MOM! Stop it! You are making a huge fuss out of it. "

" Ok ok. I am sorry. Now go and freshen up. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. "

" Ok, mom."

" BELLA! Dinner is ready!"

'' Coming, mom. ''

'' DAD! ''

'' Hey, sweet pea.  How was your day? I heard that you have made a few friends. ''

'' Yeah, they all are amazing. And dad can I ask you something?''

'' Anything, sweet pea.''

'' Recently, you have been home late. Why?''

'' Oh, don't worry about it.  Recently, the work has been quite stressful. We are currently working on a new project. So that's why I am home late. ''

'' Oh, okay, dad. But please take your medicines and food carefully.  And also the--''

'' Sweet pea, I told you that you don't have to worry about me. Now go to your room and take a nap. I will be in my office.''

I had never been allowed to go to my dad's office. I don't know why.  Mom, his friends, his co-workers, even our relatives can go to his office. But not me. When I persisted to go there dad would get angry so I have never tried since then. But I didn't lose my curiosity. I wonder What is in there that I can't see. But I know one thing for sure. And that is one day I will find out what is in there. Cause, There are no secrets that time does not reveal. Secrets can never be kept secret forever. One time they will come out.

The truth always comes out in the end, no matter how hard anyone tries to hide it or stop it. Lies are just a temporary delay to the inevitable.

 Lies are just a temporary delay to the inevitable

If you liked it please consider giving it a vote.