Chapter 40

Noah's POV

Noah's POV

" WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE"? I growled. I have been trying to mind link Liam or any pack member. But fucking nobody is answering. Is this some kind of sick joke?

" I am scared, Noah! " Bella muttered as she clings to my arm. " Hey don't be scared. I am here!" I said as I make my way towards the outside of the house as I found no one inside.

As soon as we were outside, I find dad and Liam standing there like they are waiting for something or someone.

" Dad! Liam!" I shout to get their attention. As soon as Their eyes fell on us, they come running to us. Liam jerks Bella's hand from my hold. " What the fuc--"

" Noah, we have been attacked by rogues. I have to send Bella to a safe place. " Liam said as he starts taking her towards our packhouse.

" W-wait, what?" I stuttered in confusion. The sound of clothes ripping grads my attention. I look besides to see dad already in his wolf form. " NOAH!" Bella shouted. I smile at her and nod at Liam to take her away. Slowly the pack warriors shifted including me. I look around. They are hiding. Suddenly, the bushes move. Yes, they are attacking now.

I lung towards the first wolf that attacked. The satisfying sound of flesh ripping comes to my ear. Aah, melodious music.

Slowly, we rip all the rogue's flesh apart. It's been a long time since I have done this!

" I guess, there are no more. We are safe now. " Dad shouted as he shifts into his human form. I turn to look at him but what I saw had my jaw dropped. A wolf was hiding in the bushes whose eyes are fixed on dad's neck. The glowing colour of its eyes is quite visible.

" D-dad--'' I shouted as I ran towards him but...It was already late.. the wolf had already attacked him.

Dad falls to the floor with his hands on his neck trying to stop the bleeding. I lung towards the rogue and rip its throat open as blood flows out of its neck. All the pack warriors gather around him as some of them tries to call the pack doctor. But I know that it's no use in calling the doctor.

I kneel in front of him and lay his head on my lap. I place my hand on his bloodied hand which is still placed on his neck. Water starts to gather in my eyes. " Dad?" I shake his body to keep him awake. He tries his best to keep his eyes open. His eyes hold tiredness. He smiles. After a long time, I have seen him smile genuinely. He has stopped smiling the day mom died. His happiness of life died the same day mom died.

" From today, you are the alpha. I know you will be a great alpha. I am proud of you. And also tell brie that I love her so much--''

" D-dad--'' my voice starts to shake as tears start to flow down my eyes. " I am sorry for the way I treated you two after your mom died. " He starts to cough as blood comes out of his mouth. " I-I love y-you , my s-son." With that, he closes his eyes as some wolves start howling from afar.

* Vote and comment*

* Vote and comment*