Chapter 37

Two months later

Two months later

I sniff the air around me. Refreshing. It's like heaven to me. I look around to find a pair of deep brown coloured birds chirping. With a smile plastered on my face, I return my attention to the river flowing in front of me. I close my eyes and lay on the green ground beneath me. I let my muscles relax. Memories of the last few days play in my head.

I feel trapped. It's like a curse I was born with. There is no way I can break it. No matter how many times I go and get help... It comes back and it's much stronger than the last time.

" W-why can't I-I be normal? W-why a-am I-I cursed?" I said through soft sobs as I clenched my hand's chest were my aching heart was.

" Moonshine?" I hear someone calling my name. I open my eyes. Though my vision is quite blurry because of tears, I still can recognise the person who has been helping me through my pain, who has been on my side in these hard days, whose voice only can soothe my pain, whose touch burns me with desire, who has fought against anyone just to be with me, to help me-- Noah. I find him sitting beside me with a worried look on his face. He extends his hand and helps me to get up.

He hugs me and places his head on my shoulder. " What happened?" I smile at the wordiness in his voice. " Nothing. I-its just.... today is a full moon...and--" he moves his head up from my shoulder and starts caressing my cheeks. " Hey hey hey! It's going to be okay. Trust me?"

I grin and said, " I trust you. "  

Through daddy's confession, I also learned the fact that I am a werewolf too. As my biological father and mother were werewolves, it's normal that I am a werewolf. But he said that I have been cast a spell by a witch, hired by no other than my biological father, to be able to shift only in the full moon. And that's the reason why I didn't shift at the age of 15 when normal werewolves shift.

On these last full moons, I wasn't ready, I was scared. So, I asked Noah to lock me in a room with no windows and doors. Cause if I even take a glance at the full moon from my room, there is a big possibility that I will shift. Though he hesitated at first, he eventually agreed.

And, today is the full moon. Unlike the last full moons, I am now ready.

If you liked it please consider giving it a vote