Chapter 41

A few days later ( Isabella's POV)

It's been a few days since Noah and Brie's dad's death. Everyone has been mourning for their late alpha. And  Brie has been crying her heart out since then.  as for Noah, he has locked himself in his room. Everyone including me tried to comfort him, but he won't let us. I can feel the pain he is feeling. He isn't even eating properly. 

 I am staying at Noah's house for some days. As Noah isn't in the condition to look after the pack so I, as the luna of the pack, am looking after the injured pack members. Yesterday was the funeral. After almost five days, I got to see Noah. He looked so skinny, there were bags under his eyes that clearly showed that he didn't sleep properly these days.  When I tried to talk to him, He straight up ignored me, so I decided not to bug him anymore. After the funeral, he just went to his room without a second thought or glance. 

I didn't know how much I got used to his presence until now. Without him, I feel empty, like something is missing in me. Though I get quite occupied with the pack duties, still at the end of the day I can't sleep. My eyes remain wide open as thoughts of what he is doing, is he okay, what he is eating, is he sleeping properly wandered in my head. 

I miss him. I miss his presence, his kisses, his hugs, his smile, his everything. And now I just hope he lets me in. 

***

'' Noah? '' I knock at the door with a dim hope that he will open the door. I knock another time. I sigh and as soon as I turn to leave, the sound of the door opening had me stopped in my tracks. I quickly turn around and see Noah standing there with his dirty clothes and unruffled hair. I  run to him and hug him. '' Noah? '' 

'' M-moonshine.. i-i--'' I cut him off by putting my finger on his lips. '' Shh, don't talk! '' I take his hand in mine and lead him towards the bathroom. '' Go, and have a shower. I am going to get you some food,'' I said, but at my words, he clings to me more. '' Don't leave me! '' I give a peck on his dry lips and whispered, '' I am not leaving you ever.''

'' Promise?'' I smile at him and said'' Promise.''  

With one last glance, he went to the bathroom. I have never seen him so vulnerable.

 I have never seen him so vulnerable

Vote and comment