Chapter 8

Noah's POV

Noah's POV

" Dad, can I talk to you?"

" Of course. Take a seat."

" So what is it you wanted to talk to your old man about?"

" Dad....I-i..... found my...mate."

" Really! That's great. Where is she? When can I meet her? She-"

" Dad! She is a human." I said in a low voice looking down at my lap. I feel ashamed. Ashamed to look at him in the eyes.

There was a moment of silence before he sighed and started talking, " I was 16 years old when I found your mother. I still remember the day perfectly. How couldn't I? It was the happiest day for me. I still remember smelling your mother's sweet and intoxicating scent for the first time. It was addicting. I heard people say that a mate's scent is like a drug. I didn't believe them. But I was proven wrong by your mother. She was like my personal brand of heroin. I was a playboy at that time. Different girls every night. I remember my mother told me that I change girls more than I change my clothes. I changed overnight. I stopped my playboy ways, stopped all of my bad habits. Just because of your mother. She was the most important thing to me. It hurts knowing that the person who gave you the best memories of your life has become a memory. So, son, mates are a precious thing. You should be grateful to the moon goddess that you are blessed with a mate. there are many lone wolves who have to live their life alone. It's painful. Your mate is your present. Your future. Together you will be inseparable. She is the only one who will help you when you are hurt. She is the only one who can understand the howling of your heart. She is the one that will love you, never leave you or ever hurt you. She will keep you centred and fill your heart with life. So, son, I would suggest you choose wisely. Don't deny her just because she is a human. I am not a fan of humans either. But not all humans are evil. Your mother always used to tell me, '  A person can never be fully evil. Try looking at the good thing in them. ' so, I think you should give her a chance. "

That talk with my father earlier got me thinking and questioning my own sanity. I never thought that my father would tell me to accept a human as my mate. The day the wolf hunters killed my mother my father was devastated. He was at the verge of killing himself. It took him months to recover from her death. But he never recovered fully. He still misses her. So it's quite a shock that he will be the one to tell me to accept my human mate.

The moment I looked at her baby blue eyes, her innocent face, smelled her addicting scent and heard her angelic voice. I knew. I knew that I was stuck. Stuck with her. And there was no way out of it. Cause I know that I am falling. Slowly I am falling in love with my human mate.

"Sometimes it is better to lose and do the right thing than to win and do the wrong thing. "

If you liked it please consider giving it a vote