Cheer Up ( Taehyung)

Sad but has a happy ending
WORD COUNT: 1027 words
('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Important note in the end <3
~~~•~•~~~
"Hey eunbi bear."

All our heads whipped to the voice's direction and as usual, Taehyung stood by the door watching in amusement as Eunbi, my bestfriend, rolled her eyes at the sight of her admirer.

"Go away taehyung." She grumbled and went back to finishing her homework.

A flush of hurt was seen crossing the boy's face but he quickly shrugged it off and walked to our direction.

I tried to not pay attention to them as usual, but still seem to fail every time.

Taehyung sat in the middle of us and fully faced Eunbi making me face his back.

"You know i could never go away. Especially when i get to see your pretty face instead." He smirked causing the girl to roll her eyes once again.

"Well i seem to like your absence much more than your presence, thank you."

The poor boy tensed at her words but it went unnoticed by anyone but me.

After a few minutes of him trying to start a conversation with Eunbi only to be snapped at afterwards, Taehyung suddenly stood up, walked a little further away and stopped to turn around.

Then, he gave me a small glance before fully looking at eunbi again, showing his famous boxy smile that made almost every girl and even some boys from the campus fall for the handsome boy. "As much as i want to stay, i have some business to tend to with my friends."

"Like what? Messing around with people and their feelings? Or maybe you haven't completed your mission with me yet huh? Let me tell you this Taehyung, and you better listen closely cause i'm just saying this once; you can't trick me to thinking you actually like me. Understand?" She gave a stern glare and in amidst of talking, she ended up standing in front of him now.

Before Taehyung could say anything she continued, "I don't like boys like you. Your friends are players and clearly, you're no different. How pathetic. Just because you think you're attractive doesn't mean you have to act like you own this school. No, boys like you don't deserve the fame and love at all. Now stop bugging me and head back to your stupid friends."

The fuming girl turned and called my name to go after her before giving one last glare and walking away.

I stood beside the also shocked students who had encountered the incident watching as Taehyung went out the classroom trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall.

Without thinking, i gathered my stuff as fast as i could and ran after the boy.

I saw him turn to a corner and quickened my steps.

"Tae!"

The said boy turned his head after hearing his name and he quickly tried to wipe the tears out of his eyes despite me seeing them already.

"Y-Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked, voice slightly deeper from all the crying.

"I'm sorry for what Eunbi said. We both know she doesn't mean tha-"

"We both know that's a lie."

I opened my mouth to disagree but closed it and sighed instead knowing he's not lying.

"Does she hate me that much?" He asked me, almost looking desperate for a good answer.

"I-I.. I don't think so..." I trailed off knowing all the bad and hurtful things Eunbi had ranted about how much she hated the poor boy when we had classes alone.

Taehyung saw through me and immediately, tears started forming in his eyes again.

My eyes widened and the only thing i know would help rather than me trying to comfort him with my useless mouth is a hug.

I pulled him into my chest with him letting out soft sniffles and soon, his arms were wrapped around my waist tightly; almost like he's afraid to let me go.

I pulled away just enough to wipe the tears on his cheek and made sure to make him look at me before giving him my best assuring smile.

"There's plenty more girls in this world that could give you the love you want to receive, Tae. Eunbi may not see it but i do. You deserve someone better than a pretty girl that just keeps breaking your heart."

"Yeah.. i guess i see it now too." He sniffled again and smiled a little.

Before i could speak, Taehyung grabbed my hands and held it between his.

"I know this sounds rushed but I think i've been chasing the wrong person the whole time." He said staring at the floor and then making deep eye contact with me.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"You."

"But i don't wanna be a rebound Tae. If you really do want to get to know me more. Can't we wait until this school year ends and then i'll give you a chance?"

He didn't want to show it but there was a slight hint of hesitation in his face. But as soon as i saw it, it was gone in a second and a nod from him replaced it making both of our decisions final.

I gave out a smile in relief which also made him smile and soon, we were walking to our classroom, laughing and having the best time of our lives.

Even forgetting about my bestfriend who was secretly watching us in jealousy.
~~~•~•~~~
A/N:

Yes yes, i knowww.. i'm sorry for the bad writing but i swear, my writing mood has now disappeared and maybe i'll write 5-10 chapters more and then i'll end the book😩

STILL, THANK YOUUU SO MUCH FOR 20K READS ADFSGHKL 😭🤚💜

All the motivation i have left are from u guys and my book wouldn't have gone this far without y'all🤧

I will def try and write another chapter as soon as i can, it will still be a slow update tho cuz i edit all my stories at least twice before uploading them sooo please bare with me (ω)

Have a great day! I purple u and please stay safe :^)