Flowers [Hoseok]

Sad Ending
~~~•~•~~~
Today is my birthday but this time I won't get to celebrate it with my fiancé.

Yes he proposed to me. In fact, today was supposed to be the wedding but when I came to pick up my family from their country for my wedding, we all ended up dying.

How unlucky of me to die in a plane crash when it rarely happens.

But I can't seem to cross over because I know that Hoseok, my fiancé, still can't get over it and all I asked for my birthday was to get to talk and touch him for the last time.

Surprisingly, my wish was granted.

~~~•~•~~~

I was watching Hobi place a bouquet of flowers beside my gravestone as I stand closely beside him.

Trying to stop his sobs, Hoseok's shoulders started shaking and I watched as tears continued to flow down his face as he desperately gasped for air in between his hands around his face.

After taking a few deep breaths he had finally gained enough control to mutter, "Happy Birthday y/n. I hope you're doing great up there." He sniffled. "Today was supposed to be our wedding but I never expected it to end this way. I guess we should really expect the unexpected." He admitted, smiling sadly.

"I miss you so much."

I sigh and went closer to him hoping he would hear me.

"I miss you too Hobi." I say.

Silence. All I heard was silence. But what should I be expecting anyways?

Lifting my head up, I was taken aback when my eyes locked with the one's I had fallen in love with.

Hoseok watched me in surprise, eyes wide open and body completely frozen as if he was an unmoving image.

"Y-Y/n."

My eyes widened even more and we were just staring at each other for a while, almost forgetting the fact that I'm dead and he could hear and see me.

A few seconds later, he started shaking his head. He stepped back and started muttering to himself, "No you're not true. I'm just imagining things. This can't be happening I- "

"Y-You don't believe me?"

He looked up after hearing my voice again but this time his eyes softened after seeing me standing there with tears in my eyes.

My heart may not be working anymore but I still feel the pain.

This would probably be the only day where he could see and hear me but he chose to shut me out.

He slowly took steps closer to me until he's now in front of me.

I lifted my hands and gently caressed his cheeks to wipe the tears away.

My hand felt like clouds to him but i'm just glad I could touch him once again.

He pulled me into a hug and whispered.

"I love you so much."

I chuckled, tears were threatening to fall out of my eyes as I slightly pulled out of the hug, only enough to see his face.

I saw the beautiful smile that I also fell in love with forming in his face.

"Happy Birthday." He continued.

I tried my best to stop crying but a sob came out causing his smile to falter, replacing itself with a frown.

He knows i'm always watching over him but he also knows that I wouldn't be there for him anymore when he needs me.

"Hey, hey. Why the sad face?" I asked with a chuckle. My voice was quivered but I was still trying to brighten up the atmosphere.

He just looked at my face, examining it like he knows it's the last time he'll see me until his eyes finally met mine.

"Today's the last day for me. Remember to stay healthy or else I'll force myself to go back and nag at you for skipping meals again." I said with a sad smile.

He laughed a little and just stared at me with the saddest eyes. I sighed. He's making it harder for me.

"Aish, don't give me that look. I know I won't get to see you but if you're having a hard time, always remember that I'll stay by your side no matter what."

I sniffled and held on both of his cheeks while keeping eye contact.

"Just close your eyes and think of me. Then remember that i'm with you."

"Like a daydream but just add reality."

He sighed. "Thank You y/n."

"For what?" I asked, letting out a sad chuckle.

"For everything."

I smiled and kissed his forehead, then both of his cheeks, and finally placing my lips against his for the last time as I feel myself slowly fading away.

It's time.

I saw Hoseok's eyes widen as he panicked but when he met my eyes, it softened.

I smiled.

"I have to go Hobi."

"No! Please don't leave me yet!"

"I won't. I'm always here for you."

"Promise me we'll see each other again." He said while sticking his pinky finger out.

I interlocked mine with his, our hands barely visible with all the tears that were blocking my vision.

"I promise."

Half of my body had already faded and I knew I was gonna miss Hoseok more now.

But it's up to fate to bring us back together in the afterlife.

"I will miss you Hoseok. Please don't forget me."

His face was now red from all the crying and our pinkys were still connected even if I was now slowly disappearing.

"I'll miss you too and i'll never forget you y/n. Goodbye my moon."

"There's no need for goodbyes. I'm always here." I said as I pointed my finger to where his heart is.

I smiled, a tear falling from my eye as I feel myself now vanishing into the air.

Before I fully disappear I say, "I love you my sunshine. Please stay strong and happy for me. Always remember that me and our little baby will always look out for you."

Placing my forehead against his. I slowly vanished from his sight but somehow it felt like the pain I was feeling will be never ending.