Library (Namjoon)

Happy Birthday to meeeee!! 🤩🥳🥳
Although i'm happy it's my birthday, i'm having a bad fever right now so i'm being quarantined in my room and i'll probably be alone the whole day, i'm an introvert and so being alone is ma thing sheeesh😃

Happy Ending cuz why not lol

Word Count: 1221
~~~•~•~~~
I sighed for what felt like the hundredth time as i roamed around my workplace to put back books on their respective isles.

I was alone here today seeing as the main librarian which is my mom had to take a leave with my new stepfather for their honeymoon.

Exhaustion crept up my body since this morning, not having the time to eat properly.

I heard the door open so i left what i was doing and went to the counter area.

I watched in awe as the same man who goes here almost every single day strived to the encyclopedia section.

I handsome man and a smart one at that? Ddaeng.

Sadly, i only got to notice him a week ago even after he spent plenty of his time here in the library.

He walked to the counter with his books, carrying a black plastic on his other hand and i immediately straightened up.

I smiled softly at him and felt my heart skip a beat when he showed me his heavenly dimples.

"Hi." He said.

"Er- hi..? D-do you want to um, buy or borrow this?" At this point i wanted the earth to swallow me hole and never let me breath again.

He lets out a chuckle and i thought i heard him mutter a small 'cute' which had me blushing.

"I'll borrow them and return them tomorrow."

I gave him the paperbag with the books and turned to look back for any other books i need to put in the shelf.

I heard a shuffle of plastic and heard the door close a moment after making me look back at the retreating figure but something on the top of the counter caught my attention.

There, near the computer was a small bottle of banana milk and a sandwich inside a wrapper.

I smiled knowing who gave it, i mean who else could it be?

I glanced at the door even if i knew he wasn't there and softly chuckled at the thought of the sweet man.

He sure is a keeper.
~~~•~•~~~
I'm back at work again since it's a weekend. I love my job most of the time but sometimes it gets annoying as fuck.

Like now, a rude teenager scoffed and spat, "Who are you and who do you think you are?"

"I'm the person you can never be and my parents own this place bitch. So the door's wide open for you if all you'll do here is annoy me." I spoke in an uninterested tome.

I don't have time to deal with this right now. All i needed was my husbands, aka coffee and my bed.

I rolled my eyes secretly and tried to talk in a calmer way. "I'm sorry miss but you're deadline to return this book was 3 years ago. You don't have any choice but to buy it seeing as it has already been replaced."

Once again, she scoffed and banged her fist on the counter making a few people look at her and tell her to shush.

With the outraging teenager in front of me who's ready to tackle me and make this place some type of temple run, i didn't hear the door open.

There stood a confused boy who was staring at us. Seconds later, he was standing beside the angry girl and asking, "What's going on in here?"

Hearing his voice, both of us looked at him and the teenager suddenly changed tones of her voice.

She faked pouted and turned to the boy with crossed arms. "This girl won't let me return my book, hmmph.."

Me and the boy who i had just noticed was wearing a uniform and his name was proudly written as ' Kim Namjoon' cringed visibly making the girl almost cry from embarrassment.

Wait- it's a saturday, why is he wearing a uniform?

Shrugging at the thought, i glanced at the girl and said, "Yeah, the book you were supposed to give back three years ago."

Namjoon's eyes widened in bewilderment as he chuckled suddenly.

The girl looked at him up and down before twirling her hair and saying, "What are you laughing at handsome?"

"Your face and your ego."

The girl's smile faltered and scoffed again before grabbing the book and walking out of the library.

"You're gonna have to pay for that!" I shouted before she left the door stomping her way out.

Me and Namjoon both laughed simultaneously and time felt like it stopped once we caught each other's eyes.

"Thanks for that Namjoon, i mean it."

"You can call me Joon or RM if you'd like, my friends call me that all the time."

"Rm? Why rm?"

"Sometimes i barely show the Real Me and so i only do that to people that really cares for me."

"That's sooo cheesy but i think Joonie's fine." I giggled which made him smile and nod at my words.
~~~•~•~~~
It was already evening as i sat on one of the comfortable couches at the middle of the library reading a book called The Little Prince.

Not expecting anyone else to enter the library this late, my head immediately snapped to where the sound of the door opening is.

The room's silence broke when Joon's voice filled the library as he grabbed a random book in a nearby shelf and sat on the couch beside mine.

"What are you doing here so late?" I asked and sat up to move to the long couch with him following me.

"I wanted to see you." He pulled me closer beside him and we sat there in silence reading our books comfortably.

My eyes were getting heavier and before i knew it, i was already asleep.

3rd Person P.O.V.
Namjoon was startled as he felt a sudden weight on his shoulder.

He looked at y/n only to smile as he set her head in a better position against his shoulder.

He placed his chin against her head and continued reading his book.

Slowly, he was also drifting off to sleep.
~~~•~•~~~
Y/n's mom wondered why y/n wasn't answering her calls and so she went to the library in hopes of finding her daughter.

She opened the door quietly.

"Y/n- aww.." Her voice trailed off as she saw her daughter and her bestfriend's son cuddled up in the couch with open books on their laps and little snores surrounding the place.