Chapter Three- Blast from the past.

~Xyla's point of view~

I haven't spoken to Matt at all since Wednesday. I have even slept with Sophia in her bed. I am angry at him. I am angry at the insult to my physical appearance. I am angry at the pain I feel in my body. I am angry that I feel like I stay hungry because of the diet I am allowed to have. I am just angry.

Just drinking water hasn't bothered me. I did that mostly anyway. I am not a huge tuna fan, and I have eaten more tuna in the last week than I ever have. He doesn't have me on the keto diet, but I am on a strict fifteen hundred calorie per day calorie limit. I do like that I can have fruit. I am a huge fruit fan.

The hardest part of it all is I am missing time with my kids. I get it has only been a week. Every day but Wednesday I go from six to seven. Wednesdays are my long days. It's six to eight; I will have my first two hours tonight. Those hours are times I miss with my kids. I miss sitting on the couch watching cartoons with them.

I am stocking shelves at work; I don't mind it. It keeps me busy. I work with another girl; We decide each day who does what. I don't mind doing the register or stocking shelves. I go to the back to get the candy that I need to stock. I do it shelf by shelf; it's faster that way. I always start with the cooler. Then make my way to the aisles; I push the cart to the aisle with the boxes. I go to step back and run into someone. I turn to apologize. I get a shock.

Xyla: "What are you doing here?"

Randy: "I stopped to get gas and came in for a drink. I wasn't expecting you to be here."

Xyla: "I work here, Dad. I have worked here for two years. You've never come in here before."

Randy: "I just moved back two weeks ago. I moved to Williamson County."

Xyla: "Just you or mom too?"

Randy: "Your mother and I divorced three years ago, Xyla. I moved there for work. I retired and came back here. This is home."

Xyla: "Well enjoy it."

I go back to work. I haven't seen either of my parents since Matt's family took me in ten years ago. I am an only child. I don't have siblings. My parents are or were very wealthy; I was a trust fund kid. When they kicked me out, they took it from me. I don't care. Money has never meant anything to me. I just wanted love. I never got that from either of my parents. A nanny raised me. She died last year; I did keep in contact with her.

Randy: "We need to talk, Xyla. I didn't know you still lived here."

Xyla: "Where would I have gone, dad?"

Randy: "I didn't know where you were. Why are you working here?"

Xyla: "Because I don't want to sit at home alone while my children are at school."

Randy: "Children? How many do you have?"

Xyla: "Two."

Randy: "Are you still with Matt?"

I won't let my dad know we're having problems. I won't give him the satisfaction of knowing that they may be right. I'm glad he can't see the tears that have formed.

Xyla: "I am."

Randy: "Are you married?"

Xyla: "No."