Chapter Thirteen- We need to talk.

~Tryzdin's point of view~

It's been three weeks since I walked out of Xyla's house. My heart and head are in two different places. My heart wants to be with her. My head is telling me that if she kept that a secret, then what else is she keeping from me. My head is winning. I can't get past it; I cut off all communication. I also know that they have stopped going to my mom's restaurant. Randy has been ordering the Coca-cola cake from her weekly.

I sat Brenna down and talk to her. She told me everything she knew, and I believe her. I believe Jennifer played Randy. I can't get past the fact Xyla kept something from me. It all relates back to Jennifer, not that I am comparing Xyla to Jennifer, but it's still secrets. Xyla didn't technically lie; she just kept a secret. In my opinion, it is the same thing.

I know my girls miss her and the kids. Brenna and Bailey both made it clear that Randy is important to them. I also found out he has been the one paying for their tumbling lessons. Even after I walked out, he made a payment. I have kept up with their tumbling. I wouldn't take that away from them.

I see Xyla's kids here at school. They look sad. I know from Brenna that Sophia says her mom is killing herself running. Brenna says she runs every other hour and swims twice a day. Sophia told her they spend a lot of time with their grandpa and Aunt Sylvia. It hit my heart when Brenna said that Sophia missed her mother. Especially knowing Matt and his family has nothing to do with them. Xyla has also stopped picking them up at school. Randy, Sylvia, or Sydney do.

I found that out when I went to close out my account. I moved it to the chain bank. I didn't want to deal with Matt and Hannah. Matt told me that his boss fired Hannah. He also said that he and his parents thought it would be better just to leave it when it comes to the kids and Xyla.

I couldn't do that to my kids. I'd want to be there. My girls are my everything; My lawyer knows that too. We have talked on the phone, but I haven't had to go back to his office. He still assures me that Jennifer doesn't want the girls.

That is the only thing I feel confident about these days. I second guess everything I do now. I also refuse to touch the money that Xyla made me put in the bank. I wouldn't keep the lawyer, but he insisted. He said he knew too. I can't afford one on my own. That's another reason I am so conflicted; I can't raise my girls alone. I don't want to. I want to raise them with Xyla. Again, very conflicted.

Bailey has really missed her. She got extremely close to her very quickly. I didn't mind it because I thought we would make it. Now I know not to bring a woman into their lives until I know it's serious. The thing is, I don't want any other woman.

The second bell rings, and the kids start coming out. I see Sydney. I'm not surprised. I can say the first week I was disappointed. Then it just went to whatever. She has tried to call or reach out to me either. Not that I would have answered a call or responded to a text.

When all the kids are in the cars, I go to my classroom and get my girls. We head home. We live two blocks from the school, so it isn't terrible.

Brenna: "RANDY!!!"

Bailey: "I hope Xyla is with him."

Brenna: "It's just Mimi and Randy."

I don't even want to know why either of them are at my house. My mom knows the situation and isn't happy about it. She says I was wrong. That Xyla was separated from him for ten years. I haven't really spoken to her either. I pull in my driveway and underneath my carport.

The girls jump out before I even get the car entirely stopped; they bypass my mom to go to Randy. He picks each one up and hugs them tightly before letting them down. They then go to my mom. I make my way to them.