Chapter three- Actions.

~Randy's point of view~

I have slept in a chair in Sydney's room since I have been home. I know she knows it too. Some days I sleep past her. I don't care. It's a way for me to try to sort out the shit in my head. I have always been attracted to Sydney.

There are reasons I have never tried anything with her. Her age and Jennifer are a huge part. I may have cheated on my wife with Jennifer, but I haven't cheated on her. Not in the almost fourteen years we have been together.

When I opened my eyes this morning, she was lying there staring at me. I know she checks me out. She has for years. I did something I probably shouldn't have done. I got up and went to her bed. I pulled her to me and just held her. We both fell back to sleep.

I had to wake her up. I need to see Xyla. I don't know where she lives, but I do know where she works.

Randy: "Hey, Sweetheart..."

I lay my hand on her cheek and caress it with my thumb. She grabs my hand with hers and moves it.

Sydney: "I can handle you in my bed and sleeping in my chair. I can't handle that. That fucks with my mind. You do a good job of that without intimate touches."

Randy: "I'm sorry. I am trying to sort shit out in my head."

Sydney: "I'm ok with you using me. Don't make me believe that you care when I know you don't. I'll do whatever you want; just don't do the small things to make me think you care."

Randy: "Ok."

Sydney: "You don't have to sleep in the chair either. I am a big girl. I can handle you sleeping in my bed."

I sleep in the chair because I don't trust myself in her bed.

Randy: "I have to go, Sweetheart. I need to go see Xyla."

Sydney: "Ok."

I kiss her forehead and leave her room. I quickly shower and then head into town. As I walk in the door, Xyla is walking out.

Randy: "Leaving so soon?"

Xyla: "I am. I am taking care of what you asked me to."

Randy: "Want me to go with you?"

Xyla: "If you want to."

Randy: "I will follow you."

Xyla: "Ok."

I offer to go with her because I know they won't question her if I do. I am pretty sure I know why she is keeping the money. I want to hear it from her. I stop her before we go in.

Randy: "I know there is a reason you're keeping the money. I knew there would be pushback from you. I didn't get any. Why?"

Xyla: "Things aren't great with Matt. I am going to need it. He has always taken care of all things financial. All I have is the minimum wage I make at the gas station. If you hadn't done this, I could have been in an awful position."

Randy: "That money has always been yours."

Xyla: "I wasn't going to ask for it."

Randy: "You should have. It's legally yours. I didn't do it the legal way like your mom did. I just lied to try to get you to come home."