Chapter Four- Spring Break.

~Xyla's point of view~

I wait all year for spring break. It's the only week of the year we leave the tiny town we live in; Matt and I have gone to Gulf Shores, Alabama, every year since I became an adult. Sophia was two, and Austin was just a couple of weeks old when we came the first time. It's the one time of the year we let loose and have fun.

I won't be able to eat like I usually do. I will stick to my diet. The walking we will do will help with not working out. I didn't tell him where we were going, but Tryzdin and I worked out a way to get some workout in. He said if the hotel we were at had stairs to run them three times a day. I know they do. We stay at the same place every year. The stairs are all inside, but the ones to the pool are outside. The pool is on the roof.

We left Friday after my workout with Tryzdin. The hotel messed up our room, and we got a different room than we usually get. We usually book the same room every year. This year it's different, and we have a weird door that leads to the room next door. Someone came to that room just a few minutes ago. We won't bother them if they don't bother us. I am in the bathroom changing when Matt opens the door.

Matt: "Babe, come listen to this."

I come out of the bathroom. I hear a woman screaming at the top of her lungs about the room being wrong and her husband never doing anything right. I didn't hear the man open his mouth at all.

Xyla: "Well, well, our neighbor is a Karen."

Matt: "I am so glad that you are not."

Xyla: "Me too."

I go finish changing into my workout clothes. I am hoping Matt and I can reconnect while we are here. I so badly need us to be where we once were. I come back out, and she is still screaming at him.

Xyla: "Holy shit."

Matt: "Yep. Go get your run in. When you're done, we will go to the beach."

Xyla: "Sounds like a plan."

I make my way to the elevator. The doors open, and I got to get in, then I stop and back out. I decided I was going to take the stairs. When I back up, I hit a solid wall behind me. I turn and look.

 I turn and look

I don't speak. He looks angry. I turn and go towards the door to the stairs.

Tryzdin: "Stop, Xyla."

I freeze and turn towards him.

Xyla: "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run into you. I thought it would be more productive to take the stairs."

Tryzdin: "Good thinking. Since we're both here, do you want to continue working with me? I keep a routine even when we're here."