Chapter 2: Friday Night Date

I went back to work the next day. The place was slow. Everyone went up to meet the baseball players. No one wanted a lousy Knick knack that was going to break within the next two days. I tried to distract myself by reading a book. It was something I found lying around. It was very boring but there wasn't much else I could do. It was quiet enough for me to hear a pin drop. The bell to the from door went off. Heavy footsteps echoed the shop. I looked up. It couldn't be my boss. He was a huge baseball fan, and he was at the stadium. My eyes glanced up at the person by the counter. It was Theodore. He was really good looking. Hair slicked back. Eyes dark brown. Lips big and juicy. His abs peeking through his thin t-shirt. Too bad his heart was black and cold. His features weren't enough to make me forget about the kind of person he was. He smiled at me. Why was he smiling like this? "Hello Lizzy." His voice even sounded off. This wasn't good.

"Theodore. I didn't expect you till tonight." I sounded off guard. He picked up on it easily.

He leaned against the counter, looking at his clean and manicured fingernails. "I know. I wanted to surprise you and thank Molly."

I slightly turned my head in confusion. "Thank her?"

He smiled brightly. "For the double date with Andy Fox. Never would I have even thought your friend could nail a guy like that." He chuckled at his remark. I slightly puffed. I hated when he made fun of Molly. Her boyfriends always left her. Most wanted to be able to be a man, but she filled that role too much when she could handle herself. Theodore walked over behind the counter, pulling me up from my seat by the arm. He squeezed it tightly. His eyes flashed with anger. I couldn't ask him to let go, or he would make things worse. If I whimpered, he'd hit me. "But if she ever takes your phone and calls me like that again." He gritted his teeth. "We will have problems." He shook me. I tried to close my eyes. But last time I did that, I had a welt on my lip for a week. I forced my eyes back open. 

Before he could raise his hand, a couple of old ladies came in. He turned around then back at me. "I'll let you get back to work. I will see you tonight." He walked smoothly out of the shop, like nothing happened. I looked at my arm. It was a little red where his fingers were pinching. It would go away within the next few hours. The old ladies came up to the counter. They placed two t-shirts on the table. I acted like nothing happened and rang them up. "It's a shame its only for weddings mostly. The house is beautiful." One of them spoke.

The other rolled her eyes. "Oh, hush up! At least you got married!"

The first waved her hand. "It was a failed marriage."

They smiled at her. I told them their total. "She would probably get married there." The second spoke up and pointed at me.

I was about to speak. But the first lady spoke up. "No, she wouldn't. She is a proper young lady who is turning to herself before a man." The second lady placed her hands on her hips. I have never seen old ladies argue like this over a t-shirt with a house on it.

"You know what, just because you got a divorce..." The second tried to speak but was then cut off.

"Oh, shut the hell up and pay for the shirts." The second lady paid the exact amount. They both took the bag and left. I've had stranger people come in. This, I couldn't help but try to hold my laugh back. A younger guy came up to the counter. "Don't mind them. They're both old." He looked over to make sure they weren't going to start fighting again.

I nodded. "Do you know them?"

He nodded. "They're my mom's. My dad wasn't there for me growing up. My grandmother is basically a mom to me." It made sense. He licked his lips, arms resting on the counter. "You know that place is haunted right?" I nodded again. "I saw this.... little girl." He paused for a moment. As if he was trying to collect his thoughts. "I swear, I thought she was real. Well ghosts are real, but you know what mean. She was holding a doll. She went through a mirror! I freaked. I ran in front of the tour guide back out the front door. Then I looked up at the house and saw something standing at the window."

The ghosts were watching him! This got better and better. Molly was going to get a kick out of me if I ran out of this house. The man saw my face. "I'm sorry if I scared you but I had to tell someone." A real ghost! Now I was getting nervous about tomorrow night. The guy looked around. "I better go. Thanks for listening." He left the shop. Taking a deep breath, I looked at the ceiling. Why was my best friend trying to kill me off early? It was either going to be Molly or Theodore. I was afraid Theodore would hurt me so bad that I would end up dead. But I was even more afraid of trying to leave him. I had no idea why Molly wanted to go to the mansion late at night. But it definitely wasn't my thing.

I closed up the shop and made my way over to his hotel. I managed to change in the bathroom at work. My hair was straight like he wanted. Slim black dress that showed off all my curves. My breasts were practically falling out of the dress. My makeup was dark and mysterious. And wearing the diamond heels he got for the dress. That's all I was allowed to bring over there. It was like he wanted to treat me like a hooker. I sighed deeply; it was going to be a long night. It started to rain as I arrived at the hotel. Luckily, the valet service could park the car. I covered up with a jacket and quickly made my way into the hotel. I got into the elevator and pressed for the 7th floor. Taking a couple long deep breaths, I didn't know how this night was going to go. But I just wanted it over with. Getting off the elevator, I headed to room 707. The door was cracked open. Once I walked inside, Theodore was standing by the window. Watching the rain come down. I shut the door and noticed the bottle of champagne was already in the ice. He slightly turned to look at me. "Yes?"

I slipped her jacket off and tossed it to the chair by the door. Slowly walking over to him like a seductive model. He smirked as he came over and began to kiss my neck. My eyes didn't roll like they used to when he did that. It wasn't good for me anymore. I just laid there and let him do whatever. He wouldn't let me touch him. It was his way or else he'd make it that way. I tried to focus on other things besides him. I could feel his hands unzip my dress. I prayed that this nightmare would end soon.