Chapter 7: A Little Meet & Greet

I woke up just in time before Sue came back. She was actually in shock that I was still here. All she said to me was "See you tonight." I left in a cheerful mood. As I walked down the steps, my eyes looked up at the house. Thomas was in the window. I waved to him and kept walking. I went to the gift shop to start my second shift. I mostly sat there reading magazines all day. It was mostly a quiet day today. Everyone was doing their own thing. I was thinking about college life. It was pretty boring, but I needed it. How was I going to handle two jobs and schoolwork? One had to go. But which one? The doorbell went off. I looked around. Someone unexpected showed up. Theodore. He smirked at me. "Hi Lizzy. I came to see you."

I got up and tried to run to the other end of the counter. He followed me and grabbed me. I tried to fight back. Tried grabbing things but it either slipped through my fingers or fell over. He dragged me to the back of the store. He slammed me into the wall. His hands gripped my arms hard. "Ow! What the fuck?" He was acting crazy. I didn't have time to call Molly. My phone was lying on the floor. Theodore was staring at me with crazy eyes. "You try to break up with me in a haunted house? Who do you think you are bitch?" He shook me a little.

"It's my choice too. Not always yours. I'm tired of the abuse. I don't love you." I spoke loudly. He grew angrier and smacked me across the face. My breath shortened. He puffed in anger. "Were not over. You're still mine." He pulled my hair so I would drop to the floor. He kicked me in the chest. I fell to the ground, in pain. "Heard you got a new job at RoseBurn." I didn't say anything.

He puffed in annoyance because I wasn't talking to him. "I can give this tape to the cops." He held up the tape I couldn't find last night. How the hell did he get it? "Take your new job away from you. Then I'll say you were stealing from here and get you fired. Forcing you to move in with me since you won't be able to afford rent." My mind was racing. How the hell did he manage to get that tape? Why was he doing this? All because I broke up with him. He kneeled down to my level. My body refused to move.

He waved the tape in my face. "Only thing the camera ever saw was you. No one else." I tried to grab it. But he held it above my head. "Come back to me Lizzy. I can change. Things will be different." His fingers touched my cheek where he hit me. "If you were obedient, I wouldn't have to hit you." I turned my face away from him. I was done with him. He needed to leave. "I'll give you some time to think." He silently stood up, then headed to the door. Once the bell went off and he was gone, I held chest. I slowly rose to my feet. My body felt pain. He was cruel. Trying to force me to be with him. Maybe a girl has never stood up to him before? Either way, this wasn't good. I called Molly and told her everything that happened. She came straight to the shop and stayed with me till my shift ended. My face was red from where he hit. When I went into the bathroom to examine my chest, there was a giant black and blue spot from his shoe. I was lucky he didn't kill me. I wasn't safe. If I didn't tell him what he wanted to hear, I was sure that he would kill me.

Night came faster than I thought it would. Molly and I headed back to the mansion. Molly was going to a party and couldn't stay. She felt bad but I reassured her that I was going to be okay. As I headed up the driveway, she called out to me. "Have you seen him again?" I nodded. She smirked as she left. Once inside, Sue told me there was going to be a wedding tomorrow. I had to watch the backyard to make sure everything stood there till morning. She did a really good job. Couples all over the world must love to get married here. Once she left, I headed up stairs. Going back to the room Thomas took me to last night. I shut the door behind me. My body gently hit the door. I felt stressed out. How was I going to deal with this?

Thomas stood by the window. His outfit covered him completely. He glanced back at me. "Hi Lizzy." He seemed grumpy. I walked over to him and looked out the window. I didn't see anything. "What's out there?"