Chapter 28: Reunion

There was a loud bang that scared the both of us. Thomas stood up quickly with me in his arms. He placed me on the chair. "Stay here. I'm going to make sure nothing broke." Thomas left the room. I looked at the cameras. My eyes watched him look around downstairs. Then he went upstairs to the second floor. Something started whispering outside the door. My body slowly moved towards the door. Quietly opening it, I peeked out. Nothing was there. I started walking towards the staircase. There was a man standing there. Before taking another step, He turned around slightly and stared at me, smiling. "Elizabeth."

I suddenly recognized who it was. Donner. His hair was white and long. He wore a fancy suit and shoes. He held a cane in one of his hands. Donner faced me fully. "I haven't seen you since the day we were supposed to wed. But that all changed when Thomas killed me. But that doesn't matter to you anyway since you were going to tell me it was off."

I looked away from him. Feeling a little guilty that Thomas murdered him. But not guilty enough to make me wish I did go through with the wedding. "I didn't love you. You were being an unfair selfish bastard. I would have never married you then or now. Seeing what you were makes me sick to know in my past life, I was almost married a horrid man like you."

Donner got close to me. "I'd watch that tone of

voice with me young lady. You will speak to me with respect."

I laughed at him. He thought the times never changed. "Sorry but you're in the wrong time. In this one, nobody gives a shit what you want." Donner got mad. He slapped me hard across my cheek. I held it. My body stood up straight. Just a little in shock that I could actually feel him hit me.

Donner fixed himself. "Pity. I had to get ugly. You asked for it."

Footsteps were coming down the stairs. "Don't touch her again." Thomas stood next to him. "I will get ugly with you next." He got in Donner's face.

He smirked at Thomas. "I'm not scared of you. I'm just a little surprised you killed me. Just so Elizabeth couldn't marry me. But you had no idea she was going to tell me herself."

Thomas growled at him. "She's with me. You cannot do a damn thing about it either."

Donner rolled his eyes. "I'm not intimidated by you at all." He looked at me. "Fair warning Elizabeth, I will be back. He won't be here." He pointed at Thomas. He swung his cane around and began walking up the stairs. Once he got to the top, he disappeared. Thomas grabbed my hand. "Are you okay? I'll go teach him a lesson if I have to."

I shook my head. "I'm fine. He's a whole lot different then I remember him by."

Thomas looked at the stairs. "That's the devils work. Mostly everyone here has sold their soul to him."

I grabbed his arm. "I haven't. And I'm not going to." Thomas nodded. He glanced behind us then led me back to the camera room. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. We looked at each other in silence. Thomas sighed as we headed upstairs to his room. He locked the door behind us. I sat on his bed. Thomas went over to the window. "In less than 2 days, we will have to fight against him." Thomas didn't look like he was thrilled. "You cannot believe a word they say, they will lie to you. They know all your secrets." He came over to me and grabbed my hands. I looked up at him. "None of them will change my heart."

Then looked back down. "I'm nervous." Each day, Halloween got closer. I didn't want it to.

He lifted me to my feet. His hand held my face. "Don't be Liz. I'll be with you the whole time."

I kissed his palm. "My heart won't change for you, ever. I've never loved any other man like you." He smiled at me as he kissed my nose. I suddenly began to feel weak. My knees caved in. Thomas caught me. My eyes rolled in the back of my head as I passed out.