nine

I woke to a bang, I jumped up and made my way downstairs. "Sorry," Lucy said from the kitchen where the coffee maker was on the floor. "You ok?" I yawned.

"Ya. No coffee this morning I guess." She glanced at her watch and sighed. "I'll see you late I have no idea when I'll be done." I nodded and I actually eyed her up, all I could think about was unbuttoning her shirt and... "Miss Spencer." My eyes shot to hers. "Are you ok?"

"Sorry, yeah." I took my bottom lip between my teeth as she went towards the door. She glanced back and looked at me for a second before walking over to me and running her thumb across my bottom lip before kissing it.

"Be a good girl today." I nodded and she was gone. I went back to the kitchen and seen my pill waiting for me next to my empty coffee cup, I took the pill and cleaned up the broken glass. As I grabbed a book my phone buzzed. "Hello?"

"In my office, there are two poster tubs with blueprints in them, could you bring them to me."

"Ok."

"Thank you." She hung up and I let out a breath going to her office, I grabbed the tubs I got a Uber to a coffee shop that is just outside the new office building. I went inside and ordered her a coffee and walked across the street to the building, I pulled open the door and Lucy was standing by a small table surrounded by some men and women. She looked over and smiled when she saw me. I walked over to the table and passed her the tubs.

"Here you go." I smiled. She opened one pulling out the blueprint putting it on the table and then I passed her coffee, she laid it on the table and we stepped away from the people.

"Thank you, I'm sorry I had to get you to come all the way down here."

"I don't mind. There's a coffee shop across the street I love so in going to grab breakfast there."

"Ok, be careful." I nodded and turned to leave, when I got to the door I glanced back to see her holding her coffee cup and she smiled at it for a second. I went back across the road and when I got up to the cash the woman looked at me.

"Hello again." She smiled.

"Hi, could I get a tea with three sugar?"

"Sure, anything else?" I shook my head. "1.25." I passed her the change and she stared at me for a second. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"No?" Suddenly my cheeks got hot... fuck what if she was at the club.

"I swear I've seen you before."

"No... I have been told that a lot I guess I just have a familiar face." She nodded and turned to get my tea, when she came back she looked at me again.

"I know." She mumbled. "You worked at the library!" I let out a breath.

"I did yes."

"I knew I couldn't forget a face like yours." She smiled passing me the cup.

"Thanks." I flashed a smile and left and ordered a Uber, Lucy walked out of the building in front of me and waved me over. "Here, take my car and get a coffee maker. I'll get a Uber home."

"No, i-"

"Don't argue Miss Spencer." I chewed my lip looking up at her. "Go." She passed me the keys and I looked at the car that was worth more than my life. Ever since I watched Twilight when I was younger I wanted to drive a Volvo but it was nerve-wracking even though I've never been in a car wreck. I got in the car and put down the passenger side window, she leaned it. "Be good, and don't wreck my car." She smiled and stepped back, I smiled at her and she waved. I went to Target and got a new coffee maker along with a coffee press and when I got home sat it up my phone buzzed. 'I'm taking you to supper tonight, be ready'