ten

I pulled on a dress and looked at myself in the mirror and pulled my hair over my shoulder. "What's up with you stealing things from me?" I hear behind me. I lifted my eyes and looked at her through the mirror. "That dress looks better on you though." She wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

"I doubt that."

"Don't doubt anything I say." She ran her hand up my chest and lightly put it around my throat. "God, you're beautiful." I turned to look at her and she kissed my lips. "I'm going to get changed." Her hands left me and she walked away. I went down to the couch and sat back, I wanted to tell her I loved her again but I knew if I did it would only end in disappointment. But I love the world she's open me up to and the person I've become since we met. I sighed and turn to see Lucy walking down the steps of course looking like a goddess. I stood up and smiled at her.

"God," I mumbled.

"Ready?"

"To rip your clothes off? Yes." I nodded and she smiled rolling her eyes. We got a Uber to a fancy-looking restaurant and when we got sat down a man passed us the menus and I looked at it. "Where are the prices?" I asked Lucy quietly and she smiled.

"I..." she shook her head. "I shouldn't be surprised."

"What?"

"It's a set price kitten. You can order anything you want for your appetizer and main course and dessert and it's all a set price." I nodded my head and looked back at the menu.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"Dolly." She smiled. "Don't worry about it, get what you want love." I looked down again.

"What can I get you lady's this evening." A man said.

"Starting with the rosemary browned butter for her appetizer, Baby kale greens, White bean puree, and Blood orange sauce dessert," Lucy said and he nodded. "I'll have the same." She passed him the menus and he nodded.

"A drink?" He asked.

"Château Taillefer sparkling rosé."

"That only comes in the bottle."

"That's fine." He left and Lucy looked over at me.

"I think that word cost money to say." She smiled.

"It's not the fancy."

"How much is it then?" I asked and she sighed.

"It's only... I don't know Dolly, two-fifty?"

"Two hundred... and fifty dollars?"

"Kitten."

"Sorry." She smiled and rolled her eyes.

"It's ok." She leaned forward and took my hands in hers. "How are you doing? With this and everything?"

"Good." I felt my cheeks get red at the thought of the club last night.

"I'm so proud of you... it's been almost six months."

"Ya..." I nodded.

"Are you... still set on not going with anyone else when this ends?"

"Why?"

"I was just wondering... what your plans are."

"I'm sticking with what I said."

"Would you still go to the club?" She asked, I thought about it as the server came with the wine. I took a sip and although it was the best wine I ever had I still couldn't taste almost 300 bucks in it.

"I'll probably move..."

"What?"

"Yeah, I mean there's nothing to keep me here once... this is over." She nodded and looked away. She quickly drank her glass of wine in just seconds and poured herself another glass.

"I hope you stay with this lifestyle when you leave though."

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I don't think I'll ever find somebody else like you."

"I know people all over the place so where ever you move I can get you into a club."

"I want a clean break," I mumbled and she looked over at me.

"Alright." She nodded. Our first course came and we didn't really talk, but as our second course, she cleared her throat. "Within about eight months the building will be completely done."

"That's good, any news on the deal?" I asked annoyed.

"It's going through with someone else now. They're buying the whole publishing company, buildings and all."

"I thought that was your baby?"

"Ya... well... too many strings attached."

"Attached to?" I asked, she shook her head.