chapter 6

Confidence is the key to success.

My waking call served its purpose, pulling me from unconsciousness.

I pulled back the covers on my bed and sat still for a minute, cleansing my mind to prepare for a new day. Hurrying was the best way I could try to avoid my newfound roommate, which was something I still reached for, even on good terms.

I made my bed and got out my normal, lighter clothes for the day, since I didn't know what lay ahead of me for the day. Every Jedi had their waking call set at the same time as others in their age group, so I hurried out to the corridor, expecting to reach the bathroom as soon as I could.

"Did you sleep well, y/n?" I was so close to the door, so close, yet he somehow sensed my presence.

"I slept fine," I reply.

Anakin was sitting at the small table in the common area already dressed, not even looking in my direction, instead admiring the rest of the quarters

"That's good, I'll leave you be, we can talk later." I was a bit startled by the fact that he wouldn't bother me, then again, we were barely awake, well I was anyways.

"Thank you."

I got tidied up for the day and, this time, fixed my hair into a low ponytail, assured myself that my lightsaber was in its rightful place, and then left into the hallway.

"You got ready quickly," I state.

"Couldn't sleep."

I tilt my head a bit. "And why is that?"

Anakin just sighs before replying. "How should I know?"

"It was only a question, no need to be harsh." I started walking back to my room but suddenly got frozen, I was startled until I noticed this was Anakin's doing, he wouldn't let me out of his grip.

"Don't go, I'm sorry, that was uncalled for."

I felt my rage slowly raise within me, and I was about to snap. "Let me go, Skywalker."

He did, then looked equally as surprised at his power. "I swear I didn't mean to do that," he says in a genuine tone, rushing towards me, "are you injured?" I was a bit short of breath, but other than that, nothing.

"I'm fine."

He still offers a hand to support me, so I don't fall again, I distance myself and prove that I can stand still. With perfect timing, the High Council requests us to join them immediately, regarding our masters.

We both agree to stay silent until we are out the door, to avoid major fights or breakouts like the one that just happened. "I wonder what the Council will say about our training," I announce.

He smirks. "I think you mean your training."

I just keep a straight face. "You're unbearable. Whatever it is, I wish it didn't involve you." Of course I felt like I was exaggerating a bit too much, the worst part about it was that I could tell he knew that.

"Don't lie, it isn't the Jedi way."

"I don't think you're one to judge me on not following rules." That was quite true, even the start of his training was improper, but I knew I had to tone it down since he was dead silent. "I didn't mean it that way, I apologize." I knew it wasn't his choice, and I knew that was far from the right thing to do.

"Half our conversations are apologies now." There we go, back to the tough but true statements, all those moments I hated to admit his knowledge of me and the atmosphere in general.