chapter 9

Right intentions require correct executions.

"Anakin-" I manage to blurt out with whatever air I have left.

He let go of me immediately, knocked out of his focused state.

I went unconscious and fell back into my seat, any energy left in my body was gone.

***

The next thing I knew, it was the following morning and my waking chime was ringing. I was in my bed this time, but something was off.

Luckily, I was still wearing my robe from the night before, meaning Anakin only transported me to my room, nothing more. I know what happened the previous night, but have no clue what occured after the incident.

I sat up on the edge of my bed, surprised by how close I was to it, then turned around and squealed at the sight of Anakin Skywalker, sleeping in my bed. I shake his arm quickly and wake him up. "What are you doing here?" I scold.

He was somewhat surprised to see me conscious, and furious at that, then sat up to reveal that he was at least wearing nightclothes. "I wanted to make sure you'd be okay, after you fainted last night, you didn't seem strong enough to be on your own."

I considered this for a moment, I knew to not be harsh since the exact same thing could happen again, and he was only looking out for me. At the same time, no one gave him permission to sleep right next to me, he could've worked something out at least.

"Don't do this next time you think I need help." I look away and start to stretch before getting up.

"Not even if-"

I quickly speak over him, "No. And that's final."

He mutters something under his breath, I can't make it out, but I can tell he's complaining.

I realize we should probably go soon and I won't have time to freshen up, so I had to change back into my darker robes once I got to the bathroom.

***

We managed to get ready and left at around the same time as yesterday, but I realized I left my lightsaber on my nightstand the night before.

I started to run, towards my quarters, before hearing a familiar voice projecting from behind me. "Looking for something?" Anakin asks, holding up my lightsaber with his left hand.

I guess he expected me to not be able to reach it, forgetting that he was holding the lightsaber of another Force-wielding Jedi. I get it out of his grip and make it float towards me quickly, then store it back onto my belt.

I sigh and we walk to our assigned training area once again. I'm glad neither of us felt the need to report anything to the Council, I fear at least one of us could've been expelled from the Order if anyone knew about our mishaps.

The training room was the same as yesterday, luckily, they didn't change our scheduling.

***

Today, my mind was filled with optimism about our training, I hoped and, deep down, knew that it would be better than these past few days.

I started the day with some target practice on my own, deflecting blaster hits from a simulated attack droid to the wall, trying to hit the center target. At least I thought I was on my own, but Anakin was watching over my shoulder the whole time.

He took his turn after me, trying to start a competition. I walked back over to the meditation area, to rest and not give him the satisfaction of competing. My training partner respected my short distance and continued to train on his own.