a c c u s a t i o n s

| taissa's pov |

"kyle," i breathed, "I'm sorry about earlier. i didn't mean to -"

"I'm not the one you're supposed to be apologizing to." i looked up from my feet to his pained looking eyes.

a minute long staring contest ended with me heaving a sigh.

"I guess you're right. i mean, i would look like a ripe tomato if i were in your position." i quietly replied and he chuckled.

"let's just...forget about it." i offered.

"yeah. so truce?"

"truce, in deed."

he snaked his arm around my waist and we continued walking.

the post-summer breeze along with the sounds of waves splashing against the rocks lifted a heavy weight off my shoulders. white sands were scattered on the boardwalk, sparkling under the gazing sun.

it wasn't too hot nor too cold for fall; it was perfect. everything was at the moment.

kyle's eyes lit up when an ice cream truck hollered close to us.

"can I get a - uh -" he paused, looking at the menu with concentration, as if he were having a difficulty in answering a life or death question.

"ugh," he groaned in frustration, "i can't pick!" the old man in the truck chuckled at the blonde boy beside me, and I did as well. "just - can you just give us your specialty, sir?" he asked kindly and the elder man nodded with a grateful smile on his face.

kyle impatiently waited for the ice cream like a little boy, it was quite an entertaining scene to be honest. his scrunched nose and red-tinted face along with a pout on the lips. not to mention the arms tightly locked across his chest. he literally looked like a 5 year old who got told off from running around and making too much noise.

when the old man popped his head out of the window with two bowls, kyle stood up in a fast motion, making my lips smile absently.

our orders looked like a simple banana split if you're looking at it with a keen eye, but the ice cream man elaborated its beauty.

on my bowl, there were two scoops of strawberry and one scoop of chocolate in the middle. the yellow fruit was hugging the ice cream together and it was spurted with chocolate syrup. on top of it, a whipped cream was placed, along with a delicate cherry on top and sprinkles splattered, giving it a finishing touch.

kyle's bowl was nearly the same, except that he has two scoops of rocky road and one scoop of vanilla.

we paid the old man more than what we owe him and bade him good bye, and wished him to have a good day, in which he thoughtfully returned.

when we finished the cold treat, we sat on a wooden bench isolated from people. it was quite a breathtaking look.

the sun was nearing the horizon, giving the blue sky a hint of orange and light purple. the wind was getting chillier, but not cold-to-the-bone type of temperature.

i leaned towards kyle's chest and he enveloped me in a warm embrace, and we just sat there gazing at the wide open sea.

"kyle," i was the first one to break the silence.

"hmm?" he's doing circles on my arm and playing with my hair.

"what were you doing with Tessa in the coffee shop?" i asked when I pulled away to look at his reaction; blank.

"it's what - uh - friends do, right? i mean, you and evan do it most of the time." he sounded a bit offended by my accusations, but he didn't let it show on his face, or so he thought.