f i v e - c o f f e e

| taissa's pov |

i entered the coffee shop and i was greeted with smiles and hellos. i ordered the usual. cappuccino.

"it'll be ready in a few." i looked at her tag. betty.

i just smiled and nodded.

i sat down on the very back table and wondered how could a warm and cozy coffee shop be so empty. i brought my journal out and continued writing from where i left off.

exhausted is an understatement. sitting in a closed-window theatre was suffocating. it nearly sucked the life out of me.

"ms. taissa, your cappuccino is ready."

i put my pen down and walked to the register. i picked up my order and said thank you.

wait where was i. oh yeah. i sipped my warm cappuccino, picked up my pen, and went back to writing.

a mysterious boy, however, made it all worth it. kyle. he made me feel something i've never felt before. there was just something about him that pulls me in.

i sipped my cappuccino and turned a page. i tried to draw his eyes. his dark chocolate eyes. i'm not an artist, so don't expect picasso-like details.

i put my headphones in and let my inner self drift to a different place.

|||

| kyle's pov |

"wanna come down to the coffee shop and grab something to drink?" i offered as we entered the hotel room.

the room was quite small, but two beds were there so we shouldn't be complaining. the view outside the window was just breathtaking. you can see the beach from here and right now the sun was ready to rest. the hint of orange on the skyline just blends in with the blue and purple. it was absolutely jawdropping.

evan let out a sigh and flopped down on the the bed near the windows. ugh. i wanted that bed.

"i can't. i'm tired."

i was going to bribe him in, but i heard snores after his reply. i chuckled and grabbed my wallet and sketchbook from my bag.

|||

i entered the little coffee shop and saw it was empty. well except for the one in the very back. there was a journal and an unfinished cup of cappuccino on the table.

"goodafternoon. what can i get you?"

i ordered my usual. dark coffee.

i once offered evan to taste it. he did drink it, but after that he threw up. i smiled from the memory.

"it'll be ready in two minutes." she smiled.

i just stood there awkwardly waiting for my coffee.

"here you go." she handed me the coffee and winked. ok?

i was walking towards the back row, but then my phone started to ring. ugh where is it. i tried to look for it while holding my coffee and sketchbook in one hand. i got so frustrated when i found it in my back pocket.

ugh. evan.

"what do you want?" i snapped.

"where are you?" he asks.

"at the coffee shop across the street. i thought you were asleep?"

"well i was, but then i fell off the bed."

i laughed. i could visualize evan falling off the bed in slow motion.

i started walking towards the table i chose, but then someone bumped into me, causing me to spill the hot beverage on my sketchbook and crotch. i yelped in pain.