d e c i s i o n s

| taissa's pov |

evan was as sweet as kyle, but nothing can top my baby. he will always be number one, though evan's poetic speech about his admiration for tessa really touched me and got me all teared up. i feel so proud and happy for both of them.

i felt a hand on my shoulder so i turned around, "we're here." i sighed.

i unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out of the cab.

evan and tessa was saying their goodbyes and was giving each other warm kisses. i couldn't look at them though because it looks like kyle is kissing tessa and it's honestly making me feel uneasy.

i pulled my phone out to distract myself from what was going on and texted kyle.

"how are you babe? you're probably asleep now so enjoy this silly picture of me, tessa, and evan from the park earlier. it was fun, but it would've been better if you were there with me. i miss you already :(" i sent the text along with the picture of us imitating the ducks near the pond.

"you look so cute and warm, babe. i can't wait to wrap my arms around you to keep you warmer." i giggled.

i was about to reply when i heard evan say something, "well someone's a bit overboard here.." he nudged my shoulder and i chuckled.

"i really like how you treat tess, evan." he looked at me, "such a real gentleman, just like kyle." he shuffled his weight on his other leg and forced a smile.

what? did i just say something wrong?

|||

| evan's pov |

i was about to give her a kiss right there, but she had to bring up kyle and compare me to him. she felt my uncomfortable face so i smiled, awkwardly.

we walked in the hotel and asked for the girl in the front desk to extend our stay since we're gonna be here longer than we expected.

she tried to pay for her's, but she was too late. i've already given my card to the lady. i chuckled as she playfully pouted and pushed my shoulder.

adorable little shit.

|||

when we took the elevator, the atmosphere got thicker. neither of us talked.

ding!

i looked over to her and thought how lucky kyle is to have her. she didn't notice my stare on her so i should be fine.

i walked with her until she was standing in front of her door.

"goodnight, ev." she pulled me into a hug, "i've had a great day."

when our faces were only inches apart, it felt like everything paused. our eyes wandered in each other's features and my eyes stopped on her soft and tempting lips.

i was about to lean in, but then i remembered how this would make her feel weird around me so i stopped myself.

"night, tai. see you tomorrow." she nodded and left me standing there by myself.

i walked away regretted it. maybe i should've taken the chance.

"but it'll ruin whatever relationship you have with taissa." my subconcious echoed in my mind.

I keep playing it inside my head

All that you said to me

I lie awake just to convince myself

This wasn't just a dream

'Cause you were right here

And I should've taken the chance

But I got so scared

And I lost the moment again

It's all that I can think about, oh

You're all that I can think about

Is your heart taken?

Is there somebody else on your mind?

I'm so sorry, I'm so confused

Just tell me, am I out of time?

Is your heart breaking?

How do you feel about me now?

I can't believe I let you walk away

When, when I should have kissed you.

|||

A/N: hahaha i practically based some parts of this chapter off of that song. if you remember the title, raise your hands up because you deserve a high five ;)

it's Veteran's Day! i just wanna say thank you to all the men and women who have served this country. i may not be an american citizen...yet, but i'm still thankful to live in a (somewhat) free country :D

11/11/2014

- lani