p r e t e n s e

| taissa's pov |

when kyle opened the door of the very expensive and unnecessarily outstretched vehicle for me, we were instantly bombarded by snapping lights and irrelevant questions that doesn't concern the point of the event.

"is this your boyfriend?" "is that an engagement ring?" "have you settled on a date?"

annoying old creeps, i irritatingly thought as kyle shoved us pass the buzzing of nosy paparazzi and headed towards the red carpet where respectful photographers were located.

"miss farmiga can you please look this way?" and i complied.

"miss farmiga, you look stunning!" "you two make a lovely couple, i must say!" "i hope you enjoy the party, miss farmiga."

see, if people were at this level of politeness, the likeliness of celebrities lashing out would be lower, i mentally patted my back for this thought, quite proud of myself.

when we walked through the interviewers i was slightly fidgeting with the lace cuffs of the dress to somewhat settle my nerves down, but it was useless.

luckily, kyle was there to place a calming hand on my tensed muscles.

"so miss farmiga, tell us about your experience under mr. Murphy's managing department?" asked a pretty dolled up interviewer.

"well, it was bittersweet, i suppose. i mean, i love working with the people, but i hate waking up early and sleeping late." she chuckled and I did too, or at least tried.

"thank you miss farmiga." she politely replied and then we moved on to the rest.

we were abruptly halted when we were about to enter the building by a man, big belly and an auburn mustache.

"miss farmiga, are you returning for the next season, i mean, if there is a next season." he smiled, showing his aged teeth.

"I'm afraid that's up to mr. murphy, sir." i forced a faint smile and proceeded.

"taissa!" came a voice from the crowd. a blonde with a slicked-back hairstyle and polished suit.

my brows shot up, nearing my hair line, which probably made me look like a surprised kid on christmas day.

"uh, jimmy said its time for the casts to take shots together over there," he pointed at the center of the carpet with a background that contained informations about the upcoming show.

"yeah, we'll be there," i lazily replied.

"oh, tai," my nose twitched at his usage of that stupid nick name, "its casts only."

debating whether or not i should leave kyle was quite hard, but he gave me a reassuring smile and spoke, "its alright. i'll just wait for you inside." then he pecked my cheeks and walked in the building.

"hey, tai," he coughed, "i know there's a...tension between us, but i just wanna make it clear that i - I'm only doing this so that I wouldn't lose my job." and with that he placed a very stiff arm around my shoulders.

so he's only associating his arrogant self with me because he's scared of getting fired?, i snorted, if there's one word to describe him it would be coward, but then again greedy will fit him perfectly as well.

"Jimmy talked to me about it too, I tried to go against it by throwing a bunch of counter arguments and such, he still insisted though. I was rather furious about it." i said as-a-matter-of-factly.

he just nodded.

the casts formed a straight line, all squished together but were shoulder-to-shoulder from one another.