d i f f e r e n t

| evan's pov |

i sing a bitter song

i'm the lonelier version of you

i just don't know where i went wrong

i let out a scream of frustration and heartache. its too late now.

it's too fucking late.

i walked in the bathroom and slammed the door close. my back slid down as i cried my feelings out.

i've never cried for a girl before, or anyone in general. i was just always a numb jerk who doesn't care about anyone, but something changed me.

she changed me.

but now she's gone. someone else has her heart. kyle. i can't believe it. why does everyone have to fall in love with him?

physically, we're pretty much the same. though it's probably his knowledge that swoons all the people. i pretty much am the boring replica of him. i'd sell my soul to satan just to be him so i could be the one spending time with taissa.

|||

| taissa's pov |

evan looked a bit tensed after finding out about my relationship with kyle, it honestly made me feel uneasy around him.

"hey, you alright?" kyle asked as he slouched down beside me.

"yeah, just wondering."

"about what?"

"about what happened earlier..at the theatre." he stared at me, his eyes piercing my soul.

"evan?" i nodded.

"oh he'll be alright. he's just surprised that i finally had the balls to ask someone out." he chuckled and that lifted the heavy weights on my shoulder.

we cuddled on the couch and eventually fell asleep while the movie was still going on.

|||

i rolled over to the other side of the couch and it felt unoccupied. my eyes studied the surroundings and it seems like my room was empty.

"i guess kyle left." i sighed and dragged my body to my bed. i flopped down, still tired eventhough i had hours of sleep.

"why would he just leave me like that?" this is making me feel bad. i tried to close my eyes, but for some reason i couldn't.

i stood up and walked around my room. a hot pink sticky note on my microwave caught my attention.

"what's this?" i said as i removed it from the surface.

"sorry had to leave you :( my grandparents called, they needed me there for 2 weeks. hope you're okay with that?" a smile creeped on my lips. he's such a kind hearted boy. i'm lucky as hell to have someone like him.

|||

| evan's pov |

i cried myself to sleep in the bathroom and i didn't even notice that i was sweating until i touched my forehead. my headache got worse when a knock on the door was made.

"evan." ugh kyle.

i weakly lifted myself up and saw kyle all groomed up.

"where are you going?"

"i have to go home to he-" he paused as he looked at my face, "are you alright?" i nodded and he shrugged, obviously not giving a damn about me.

"anyway, grandad called and they need me back at the house. grandma kind of..." he trailed, but i know what he was talking about. i just nodded, i still don't know how to form a conversation with him.

"well, i'll be gone for two weeks so can you please keep taissa some company since you two are gonna be scene partners anyway?" there was something in those words that gave me energy.

"yeah, sure." i smiled.

"great!" he looked at his watch, "oh shit. i'm gonna get caught in traffic if i don't leave now."

he grabbed his belongings and said goodbye.

for a second, i felt empty and lonely, but now i feel more alive than i ever did for years.

i'm gonna spend time with taissa. how fucking great is that.

vibration tickled my ass so i pulled my phone out. someone was calling me, it was an unknown number though.

"hello?"

"evan! how are you?" it's a familiar voice that i just can't point my finger to.

"who's this?" i asked.

"it's tessa, you dummy." she chuckled.

"oh." who tf gave her my number because i don't recall giving it to her.

"yeah, kyle gave me your number the day you planned to ask me out." kyle, that fucking asshole. i stayed quiet, trying to think of a perfect revenge for kyle.

"hello..ev..are you still there?"

"oh..oh yeah."

"what i was saying was..taissa's gonna be alone for two weeks so we might as well spend it with her, don't you think?" i don't know how to answer her without sounding like a possessive asshole.

"fine, ok."

"yay! we'll go to her room later, around 5:30pm. mwah." she hung up and i just don't know what to do honestly. i don't want taissa to feel like a third wheeler. i want her to feel at ease around me, but no, tessa has to fucking jump in the wagon.

ugh.

|||

A/N: it's monday again tomorrow ugh where tf did the weekend go?

thank god there's no school on tuesday though.

11/09/2014

- lani