r e v e l a t i o n

| taissa's pov |

"I'm sorry ms. farmiga, but we've already come to terms for this," he stated boldly as he took a sip of his coffee.

"but sir -"

"you've agreed when you were asked and according to your contract, one must follow until it expires, which it will in about a month or two," he took another sip. "it shouldn't be a burden now." he smiled and it made my nose scrunch up.

"fine, mr. andrews, but don't expect me to come back next season!"

he nearly choked on his beverage and bulged his eyes out of its socket.

"what?! ms. farmiga, i don't understand," Carl said as he wiped the liquid off his chin using the napkin placed next to his cup.

"it's really straight to the point, mr. andrews,"i replied lazily as I readied myself up. "I'm not showing up for the next season and that's final."

i left the café without another glance at the dumbfounded producer and decided to just walk around to keep my mind from wandering to things i shouldn't ponder over.

the next thing i know i was sitting down on a freshly mown grass under a sycamore tree in an isolated park. the swings were rusted and creaked as the wind passes by.

pfft, i scoffed, no wonder this place is deserted.

after I pushed my judgmental thoughts about the place away, i focused on more serious things.

what am i supposed to do now? these feelings...they're not meant to be here. why must things get so complicated and tangled into a very tight knot?

think of reasons, taissa, think, the little voice inside my head suggested.

then there it was. it lit the dull bulb floating invisibly on top of my head.

the feelings must have only been triggered to flow through because...because he looks like kyle and that causes the weird reaction and heart palpitations i get. yeah thats it.

having decided it was done, i headed back to the hotel room to pack things.

|||

after a month later

I was told that the contract still hasn't come to an end and it really pushed me to the edge.

I wanna get out of it. I want to be away for awhile to think. but I guess fate is having fun playing with me.

"taissa, meet me in the coffee shop," a text popped up by an unknown number.

"who are you and how do you know my name?" stupid, you shouldn't have bothered replying back!

"oh i forgot. its evan. I got a new phone since...i dropped my old one in the uh my cup of coffee," the buzzing feeling is creeped up to my stomach again, leaving me frustrated and conflicted.

by the time i finished fixing myself and headed towards the meeting place, i was greeted by a pair of dark brown eyes and later on engulfed in a very tight yet warm hug.

"it's been months, taissa. how are you?" he asked as he settled himself down on the chair.

"everything is good, yes good."

"something's bothering you," i looked up at him and saw his eyes flooding with concern.

"its nothing, really." I offered him one of the forceful smile I could muster at that moment and he reluctantly nodded.

we've talked about the usual things friends usually go over. though I didn't mention about the contract or my bottled up feelings for him.

once we were done chatting about our lives, he bid me goodbye and left, as if he were in a hurry.