a d m i t t a n c e

"WHAT!?"

"that's exactly what i said."

Vera and I have been on the phone since I got back in my hotel room. i told her the whole thing and she kept throwing good points every now and then.

"what did kyle say?" she asked curiously.

"I haven't even told him yet," i replied, quite guilty.

"well you should before that plan goes into action."

"i know," i sighed. "but I don't know how to bring it up."

"it's really simple. just tell him straight forward."

"that would be a cheerful way to greet him! oh hey kyle you've been gone for a while now and I've been asked to suck your cousin's mouth senseless how's college life," sarcasm dripping from my response and out of nowhere, a very inhuman snort came from the other line.

"taissa, you little sarcastic brunette. that's not what I meant by straightforward," she stated while obviously trying to retain herself from laughing.

"then how?" my tone growing impatient.

"alright. so find a place that gives you comfort and confidence," she suggested.

"what for?" i quizzically asked, not getting her point.

"I'm just getting to that," she pointed out matter-of-factly. "as I was saying, open up to him in a place where your heart is at ease so you wouldn't go berserk on him or vice versa." she stated as I sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

"relax taissa, everything will turn out fine. if not, you know how to summon your big sister," she concluded and i chuckled.

"thanks, v. I'll talk to you when I need someone to listen to my pointless talking."

several hours later of doing nothing but staring at the ceiling under a cocoon of blankets, i brought myself up from my bed to at least try and fix my hotel room.

after everything was set and done, i decided that today should be the day he'd have to be informed about it.

"hello, kyle?"

"yes, babe. is there something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"well, not really. but we have to talk," i replied nervously while nibbling my lower lip and fidgeting my thumbs.

"oh," then he was silent,"alright. where?" he asked calmly, but his hitched breaths didn't go unnoticed.

"same place, 5pm," i replied and that's where we ended the conversation.

the hours rolled by rather quickly after the phone call and I ended up doing nothing very productive that day.

when the clock chimed and told me i only have 30 minutes left before heading to the café, i went inside the bathroom to take a brief, icy cold shower to drain the worries plaguing my head.

how will he react to this news? what if he takes it the wrong way and misinterpret it? does he love me that much to let this thing slip?

a few minutes later, i turned the shower taps off and grabbed the baby blue towel hanging on the handle.

now that I feel a little more...refreshed, i think its time to make the confrontation.

my eyes met a simply enchanting brunette standing in front of the mirror. i never believed it of course. one would never have such a haughty attitude towards one's self.

the reflection showed a different version of myself: stress-free, glowing, and over all put together.

I wore a marled gray lightweight sweater and underneath it was a flannel that has red, black, and white pattern on it. a pair of simple distressed dark jeans rolled up to my ankles to give some spotlight for my pair of ankle boots that renn gave last christmas. surprisingly, it still fits.