m e m o r y

| evan's pov |

"i wouldn't actually mind taissa hitting me in the balls." i chuckled at the thought, obviously amused.

"what are you thinking about?" she nudged my side and gave me a smirk. "hmm..well let me guess," she placed her finger on her chin, "tessa?" i laughed. "oh look. you're blushing. i was right!" she giggled as she tilted her head back.

"you're always right." she nodded.

"so what are we gonna do today? i'm not really as fun as kyle, so...any suggestions?"

"i have no ide-" she paused, "no way." my eyes shot straight to the direction where her gaze was and saw a poster of a band.

Fall Out Boy

holy shit holy shit holy shit

i tried to hold myself together and not squeal, luckily, it worked. though taissa's excitement was over the roof.

"evan??!?" her small hands were placed on my shoulder and shook my body. "they're going here! it's been a long ass time since i've seen them. i'm gonna run myself over with a truck if i let this pass." her eyes focused on the poster again, but my eyes were on her. i still didn't say a word though. i don't know why, but i was speechless at that moment.

"evan, why aren't you excited? tf?" she rolled her eyes and i let out a soft chuckle.

"i am actually ecstatic in the inside i'm just not letting it take over me." she shrugged her shoulders and kept quiet after that.

|||

"where's tessa by the way? i texted her like 10 minutes ago, but she still hasn't shown up. you think something might be up?" concern was written all over her face and i couldn't stop memorizing her features.

"evan," she snapped at me,"hello, earth to evan."

"oh, yeah yeah. tessa should be here i-" a blonde, tanned girl with a striped shirt on was walking towards us, and i was honestly stunned.

"oh look, there she is."

"tai!" taissa stood up and pulled tess in a hug. i was just awkwardly sitting there, watching them give each other welcoming hugs.

"we've been waiting for you." i heard taissa say as she tried to look for her phone in her pocket.

|||

| taissa's pov |

i felt a vibration on my thigh so i pulled my phone out. a text popped up and saw it was from kyle.

i kind of jumped up from excitement eventhough it was unnecessary at the moment.

"goodmorning, babe. i hope you're having a good day. i love you." and a picture of him with his grandparents was attatched. they look so warm and put together.

"i hope you're doing good too, babe. i miss you soooo much :("

"babe, it has only been two days since i've been gone. do you really miss me that much? ;)" i blushed. what to the heck.

"yes babe. haha. oh yeah, we're going to see FOB next month, you should go with us!"

"i could try. i'm not really fond of them, though evan is heads over heels for them." i turned my attention to evan and gave him a serious face.

"what?"

"you didn't tell me you were a fan of them."

"well..." he started off, but didn't continue so i just shook my head in...disappointment.

"wait. why would i be disappointed?" i shrugged my shoulders at the thought.

|||

"we should go to this pancake factory in downtown. i heard they serve some good stuff there." tessa suggested. i wasn't really hungry at the moment, but my appetite disagrees. also, tessa is kind of like the one person people can't put down so i nodded my head, and so did evan.

the journey to the pancake heaven was so fast i honestly couldn't wait to devour plates after plates of towering pancakes. it's kind of weird for people to ask me for my "exercise routine and diet plan" when in reality all i do is sleep, eat, and shower..sometimes.

the doors were opened and we were greeted by someone that seems familiar. it's like i've seen him before i just couldn't remember where. evan snaked his arm around tessa's waist and walked faster than me. well, me and the guy.

"taissa," i looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "taissa, right?" i nodded, still bewildered.

"h-how do you know my name? who are you?" it came out as a shaky reply. pfft. he probably thinks i like him due to the smirk forming on his lips.

"sad to see you don't recall me.." he turned his back on me and then a memory flashed back.

"wait, no way." he turned around, "jeff?" he nodded like an excited kid getting permission to get anything he wants at a candy shop.

"i didn't even know it was you..wow." he laughed and i gave him a smile, "i thought you work at the coffee shop back in-"

"my boss fired me." his head dropped on his chest and so did my smile.

"wait, why?"

"i wonder why too." he sighed. "well, your tables ready. have a great morning!" and with that he left me standing there alone.

|||

| evan's pov |

out of the corner of my eye, i saw taissa talking to this waiter and it looks like they're having quite a good time together.

sigh.

"evan," tessa's voice echoed and it snapped my attention back to her, "as i was saying," she motioned her hands as if they were a part of her speech or something, "we never really had real a date. i mean, except for the day you.. you.. you know," she started blushing and i couldn't help myself from smiling.

"you know boys typically ask girls out, but to us, it seems like the other way around." i chuckled and she softly nudged my shoulder.

i looked over to where taissa was and saw her...just standing there. effortlessly looking beautiful. no ounce of make up on her face, unlike other girls i have encountered.

she's different.

she's...special.

|||

A/N: omg i'm so sorrryyyyy for not updating :( i've been lazier lately due to the cold weather haha it's making me feel sleepy and tired all the time so...

anyways, i came back and saw over 400 reads??!!?!? what to the heck :o thank you guys so much for keeping up with my boring story lol.

ok and i'm aware that FOB was still in hiatus during 2010-2011, but let's just pretend they weren't. haha

sorry for this short chapter peaceeee out

11/17/2014

- lani