b l o s s o m

| taissa's pov |

clanking sounds fueled my curiousity so my eyes fluttered open. the atmosphere looks..foreign.

wait, this is not my room.

something coming from the kitchen made a sound of a broken plate and i was actually nervous.

holy shit. what if there's an intruder?

i grabbed the lamp from the nightstand beside the bed and slowly walked my way to the kitchen.

there was no one in there.

"oh god. am i losing my mind or is it just too early for me to be awake?" i sighed.

"goodmorning." i turned around and my eyes focused on his messy hair that looks so professionally fixed, his glasses that were slowly slipping down his nose, and his semi-muscular and pale body.

wait what.

i shook myself back in conciousness and chuckled at my thoughts. noticing that i still haven't answered his greeting, i shot him a nervous smile.

"uh, goodmorning?" a smile was curving on his lips and his dimples, were once again, taking my breath away.

fuck. snap out of it taissa.

"oh. uh yeah.." he started off, "i made breakfast.."

"so you cook, huh?" i smirked and he blushed.

"eh, not really. there was this one time when i was in third grade," he motioned me to sit on the chair he pulled out, and i gladly took it. "i tried to cook eggs for my mom and i..i.." he's struggling to spit out of the words in between his giggles. he coughed and put on a serious face, and he managed to pull it off. "i cracked the egg on the bowl and the shells fell in it and i didn't know what to do at that age so i just let it be. my mom ended up having eggs and eggshells for breakfast." we bursted out laughing, panting and trying to catch our breaths, but everytime our eyes meet, the sound of laughter gets louder.

"oh god. did she get hospitalized?" i said as i wiped the tears that were about to form off of the corner of my eyes. his face was still red from what happened and i'm guessing mine was too since he started laughing again.

once we finally got our shit together, he answered my question, "luckily, no." he sighed, a sigh of relief i suppose.

"how 'bout you?" he asked as he took a bite from his bacon.

"well, food at home is either microwave heated or lettuce and tomatoes there's literally no in between."

"that sucks." i nodded. "you know what, i actually tried to go vegan this one time when i was a freshman in college, but it didn't end up the way i expected it to be." he looked at me, his face was starting to turn red again. "i got through the first meal, but then a friend of mine brought a box of pizza to our house and i couldn't resist it. everything from that point went downhill." he chuckled at the memory, quite amused.

"i pretty much relate to that." i said as i waved the strip of bacon in the air.

|||

"yeah. it must've slipped out of my pocket while we were on the rollercoaster ride." i told the lady in the front desk.

"why, you two love birds have separate rooms?"

what.

"uh..no." i awkwardly chuckled, "he's uh. he's just my friend." i smiled at her as i sneakily peeked to look at evan's reaction to what she just said.

"oh." she turned her back on us and later after that she handed me the spare key to my room.

"don't lose it this time, young lady." her eyes were squinted, but she gave me a smile eventually.